Garage
Vehicle Name
Year 1965
Make Chevrolet
Model El Camino
Color Gold
1965 Chevrolet El Camino
1965 Chevrolet El Camino
History Abandoned in a field for I don't know how many years. Previous owner found it and put junk yard parts on it and painted it. I bought it for a little more than it was worth thinking it would make me 45 years younger, and an interesting project. So far it's just been a hole to pour money into. Fun to drive though.
Exterior
Previous owner put Maaco paint over poorly sanded rust and fooled me in a few spots. I knew I'd have to repaint it regardless. I stuck a new grill, headlamp bezels, and emblems on it. Still needs body work, bumpers, and paint.

Interior
Mostly black, bench, floor shift, stock color scheme would have been fawn.

In-Car Entertainment
Aftermarket Radio CD player cut in where the original radio goes. Not cool, but music comes out of it.

Under the Hood
1965 Chevrolet El Camino Under the Hood
290 HP 350 Chevy Performance crate motor with ProMaxx heads, 1.6 ratio full roller rockers, mild late 60's muscle car cam touch of lope, MSD 6AL ignition and pro billet mechanical advance distributor, FiTech 4 injector throttle body fuel injection (controls fuel and timing), Dart SHP intake, Hedman Elite shorty headers, Pypes Race Pro X pipe exhaust, Champion 4-row radiator. Not sure about the real HP now, but it's north of 35O for sure. 700R4 built for 600HP with constant pressure valve body, lock up torque converter.

Suspension
1965 Chevrolet El Camino Suspension 1965 Chevrolet El Camino Suspension
Global West negative roll upper and lower control arms and QA1 single adjustable coil over shocks in front. UMI sway bars front and rear. UMI rear control arms top and bottom. QA1 adjustable trailing arm frame braces. Global West rear coil over conversion with Viking dual adjustable shocks.

Wheel and Tire
17 x 7 Vision Legend 5
Views: 513

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome