Vehicle Name
Year 1970
Make Chevrolet
Model Chevelle Malibu
Color Shadow Grey
Packages Malibu with added SS trim
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
History Oshawa built 2dr sports coupe. Orig Black Cherry with Black interior and Black vinyl top. 307ci 2brl TH350. I purchased locally in 2010. After discovering it was a Canadian built car, I ordered the build info from GM of Canada. Interesting info was its build date of 3/4/70, my exact birthday. Also car was sold new at Carter Chevrolet, which is about 20 minutes from where I've lived my whole life. Also my wife is from Canada, so it all ties together.
Exterior
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Exterior 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Exterior
New bumpers, cowl induction flapper, wheels and tires, stainless gas tank, RobbMc -8 sender, Jegs 30r rated black nylon braided -8 fuel line, RobbMc filters. Moser 12 bolt with big Torino style ends, 33 spline bolt in axles, 1/2" studs, custom built Tom's BOE Eaton posi, all US made gears and 18 steel clutch pack. US gear 3.73 gear, ARP ring gear bolts, Timkin bearings and seals, Ratech shims and Smart Sleeve crush sleeve, Lucas HD 85/140 gear oil, GM additive. Moser rear economy rear disc brakes, front disc conversion from The Right Stuff with black powder coated calipers, drilled and slotted rotors, and all SS flex lines. 11" booster new Master and prop valve, all new SS hard brake lines. TH400 with B&M shift kit, TCI 11" 2800 rpm stall converter. 1350 u joints front and rear, Strange front and rear yokes, Jegs girdle style caps, UMI drive shaft saftey loop.

Interior
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Interior 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Interior
My interior is black, and I had an original set of buckets and rear seat all re-upholstered. All new headliner, carpet, center console, dash pad, rear upper and lower door panels, package tray, sill plates, all new rubber, and moldings. Tilt column, Grant steering wheel, pedal pads, headlight switch, cig lighter. SS dash carrier with Dakota VHX gauges. I laid down some inexpensive sound insulation pad under the carpet. 3 point modern seat belts, repop rear view mirror and mount. New sun visors, I refinished my A pillar moldings, and gave the brake and E brake pedals some new black paint. Replaced the interior done light housing. I've recently changed out the dome light bulb with an LED bulb. It's much better than the standard bulb, which gave off more heat than light. Just added a Budnik brushed Beveled Sport steering wheel.

In-Car Entertainment
Kenwood KDC-X701 excelon head unit. Infinity Kappa speakers 6x9's in the package tray. Kicker 3 1/2" speakers in the dash. Two Kicker 8" solo baric woofers currently in a sub box in the trunk. Two Infinity Kappa series amps one 1600 watt mono amp for the woofers, and one 1200 watt four channel amp running the front and rear speakers. Sniper hand held touchscreen temporarily mounted on the front of the center console.

Under the Hood
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Under the Hood 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Under the Hood 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Under the Hood
'69 396 came in the car when I bought it. I added a new 750 Holley DP, chrome valve covers, Hooker super comp headers, I had them ceramic coated grey, Percy's soft aluminum reusable gaskets, Stage 8 stainless locking header bolts. Tayler 8mm custom made black wires, Summit long water pump, lots of ARP stainless 12 point hardware, all new replaced, repainted or powder coated brackets and pulleys. Re painted original style ps pump, Napa reman alt. Newly reconditioned 4 core radiator, 160deg Stewart Components t-stat, Derale stainless flex fan, stock shroud. B&M trans cooler. RobbMc mechanical fuel pump and fuel filters, Jegs -8 carb fuel line Edlebrock performer rpm intake, HEI dist. AC spark plugs. New inner fender wells in plastic to replace the cracked original plastic ones. Purchased from The Parts Place. Just installed a Smiper efi unit, and. RobbMc PowerSurge fuel sump. Used more of the Jegs 30r9 FI rated -8 fuel line. -6 on the return. Jegs nickel AN fittings, and Jegs FI fuel filter. Changed the Sniper over to accept -8 fittings.

Suspension
Rear: PMT upper and lower trailing arms, adj. uppers. PMT sway bar, Hotchkis shocks, Moog CC501 coil springs.
Front: UMI tubular upper and lower control arms with 1/2" taller upper ball joints. Viking double adjustable coil overs 550lbs springs. UMI 1 1/4" sway bar, all new Moog steering linkage, UMI billet tie rod adj and sway bar mounts. More ARP stainless 12 point, and new OEM style hardware, rebuilt orig steering box in a variable ratio, new rag joint, reconditioned intermediate steering shaft.

Wheel and Tire
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Wheel and Tire 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Wheel and Tire
Corvette style rally's. 15x7 fronts 4" back space 225/70r15 BFG's radial TA. 15x8 rears 4.5" back space, 275/60r15 BFG's radial TA.

New:
Vision Torque 143's 18x8.5 with a 5.1" back space up front and 18x9.5 with 5.75" back space in the rear.
Pirelli P Zero tires 245/45ZR18 front and 275/45ZR18 rear.
Views: 1091

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome