Raging Bitch
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Vehicle Name Raging Bitch
Year 1967
Make Chevrolet
Model SS 396
Color Originally Bolero Red
Packages Original options, buckets w/console, m20 4speed, gauge package, rear antenna,
1967 Chevrolet SS 396
1967 Chevrolet SS 396
History Purchased in March 2016. Original 138 vehicle. Sat for many years with two owners for a restoration that never came. Original engine & trans were long gone.
Exterior
1967 Chevrolet SS 396 Exterior 1967 Chevrolet SS 396 Exterior 1967 Chevrolet SS 396 Exterior
She had been re-quartered in the early 80's using junkyard quarters. Outer wheel wells were cut and the 'new quarters' were riveted on. The donor quarter wheel wheels were sandwiched onto the original cut wheel wheels. Floor and trunk was toast. Every exterior panel was removed and replaced. New drip rails were fabricated from 1968 Chevelle drip rails. New cowl shoulders and inner cowls were installed. All the sheet metal work was performed by John and Dan Truman of Truman Muscle Car Parts. True craftsmen,,

Interior
Interior was pretty much gutted. The Strato buckets in the vehicle were garbage, frames were pretty well rotted. Rear seat was in decent shape and will be serviceable. Console needed a little TLC. Dashboard was intact , 100% correct with blinker tach. And gauge package. It's about the only thing that was intact and untouched. Minty 67 GTO buckets were purchased and will be re-upholstered.

In-Car Entertainment
Want need a good AM/FM Bluetooth stereo to fit it the stock dash and bezel. Speakers will need to fit in original dash location and rear deck. Open to suggestions. PM me!

Under the Hood
1967 Chevrolet SS 396 Under the Hood 1967 Chevrolet SS 396 Under the Hood 1967 Chevrolet SS 396 Under the Hood
70's .030 over 454 4 bolt main block. Forged steel GM crankshaft to give 433cu.in. Holley Terminator Stealth EFI, 265 AFR heads, hydraulic roller cam. Forged I beam rods and 9.33:1 forged pistons.
LGT700 5 speed trans. Original 12 bolt rear geared 3.73. Eaton Tru Trac posi unit. Strange axels.
C5 disc brakes front and rear.

Suspension
1967 Chevrolet SS 396 Suspension 1967 Chevrolet SS 396 Suspension
Front suspension: SPC upper and lower control arms with tall ball joints. Lee fast ratio power steering box. Helwig sway bar. Proforged center link, pitman arm and inner tie rods.
Rear suspension: Currie billet Lower arms with roto joint. Currie adjustable upper arms with roto joint. Frame mounted Helwig sway bar.

Wheel and Tire
Want to run either 17 or 18 inch Talley style wheels unless something else grabs me. I'm running C5 front and rear discs, so they need to fit.
Views: 324

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome