post #51 of (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 17, 3:56 PM Thread Starter
Rich-L79
Super Mod
Rich

Garage
Re: #[email protected]%!* county property tax assessment

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKalin View Post
It sounds like your houses were all appraised at a higher price because values have risen on home values since they were last appraised. In our case the town was really getting into big trouble financially with under funding pensions, etc. and when they looked back it was so long since a total town re-appraisal was done that is was one of the options they looked at to raise more revenue. That is when we saw the biggest rise in taxes. Now by law they have to re-appraise home values after a certain number of years. We have had a couple of re-appraisals since the initial one and with these the mill rate was either raised or lowered depending on which way the re-appraisals went but they always find a way to throw in an extra mill or two.
It wasn't just my town, it was the whole county. And it wasn't just my county, it seems it was pretty much statewide. My state has a balanced budget and money in the rainy day fund, my city has a balanced budget and money in the bank. Seems like an odd time for such a huge increase as they can't argue a need and property prices are hardly skyrocketing.

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rich Cummings

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome