View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 17, 9:45 AM
Andy69
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Re: #[email protected]%!* county property tax assessment

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
They've been trying to get Prop13 reversed for years. I pay a few hundred a year for mine because it based on when I bought it. I own a detached house and saw a condo that is smaller than my house and the HOA and prop taxes were more for 1 month than I pay for 1 year.

In California during the housing bubble, Stockton and others spent like crazy. This is where the problem is, the gov in California had a HUGE increase in income from property taxes, yet they STILL couldn't balance their budget. Look at cities that went broke in CA. How do you collect that much MORE money than before and still can't balance your budget.

I remember after the crash, they were going after anyone and everyone for any violation just to get some money. I got fined for having a lawn mower in my back yard. They busted down the fence and took pics of my back yard and fined me for having a lawn mower and wheel barrel in my back yard which is illegal.
And you talk to people who support big government, and they will insist that government has a revenue problem, not a spending problem, yet they consistently spend more than they have, regardless of how much they have.

Libs bitch about Prop 13 because it limits revenue, but without it you would end up with a situation similar to the northeast, where people get taxed out of their houses.

Another good reform would be to eliminate property taxes for retired people. Property taxes fund education generally, and why should you pay if you don't have any school aged children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome