View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 17, 10:13 AM
Andy69
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Re: #[email protected]%!* county property tax assessment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete View Post
It's all s scam, the town decides how much money they want, then they decide what the value of everything is (allegedly), and then they set the mil rate to get the number they already decided they want.

It's like going to Vegas and betting against the house. You aren't going to win.
Three simple reforms I'd like to see:

1. The same entity that benefits from the taxes should not be the same entity that decides the value those taxes are based on

2. The city or county should not be allowed to foreclose on a property for unpaid taxes. They should be collectable only upon sale of the property by the owner and only after any primary lien holders have been paid.

3. Annual increases should be limited to the rate of inflation a la Proposition 13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome