UMI Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old May 15th, 13, 9:49 AM Thread Starter
Ryan

UMI New Product- Drag Anti-Roll Bar for the 1964-1972 GM A-Body

UMI Performance, Inc.
Drag Anti-Roll Bar for the 1964-1972 GM A-Body
P/N 4045
Regular $479.99- Introductory Price of $399.99!

UMI Performance, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of our new Drag Anti-Roll rear sway bar for 1964-1972 GM A-body applications. This 1-3/8 dia hollow sway bar is axle tube mounted using our tried and true CNC machined serrated tooth mounting clamps, aluminum bushing mounts and heavy duty u-bolts. Strong double shear mounts and four high grade 3/8 fasteners attach the race quality rod ends to the chassis. Three position adjustability delivers enough roll resistance to tame your 11 second drag radial car or your 8 second full slick strip missile. The UMI manufactured hex adjusters ensure a perfect fit and provide preload capability to straighten your launch. The P/N 4045 drag bar has been designed to accommodate the factory rear housing, 12-bolt, Ford 9 and Moser M9 while still offering great ground clearance and a clean look (available for 2.75, 3.00 and 3.25 rear axle tubes). These bars are available with tough red or black powder coat and are designed and manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA.

www.umiperformance.com or 814.343.6315

Ryan |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
l

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old May 15th, 13, 11:28 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brent

Re: UMI New Product- Drag Anti-Roll Bar for the 1964-1972 GM A-Body

Looking forward to installing UMI suspension. Ramey has sold me on your quality and service.

1966 138 blk on red 427 TKO 600
1966 138 Aztec/charcoal zz502 w 700R4
1965 Chevelle 396 auto 4 door wagon
1966 Nova 400 sb w 700R4
1967 Corvette coupe 427 M21 w GV OD, black on red
ACES # 07822
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old May 15th, 13, 1:57 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Ryan, Ramey, any photos of the bar installed? My current rear bar (not a UMI piece) comes pretty darn close to rubbing my aluminum differential inspection/reinforcement cover.

Mike

69 Chevelle 496/TH400
ET/Speed - 11.371 @ 117.23 - SOLD JUNE 2017

1965 Chevy Impala 355/TH350 - NEW RIDE JUNE 2017

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old May 15th, 13, 2:07 PM Thread Starter
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia69 View Post
Ryan, Ramey, any photos of the bar installed? My current rear bar (not a UMI piece) comes pretty darn close to rubbing my aluminum differential inspection/reinforcement cover.
We will have some new pictures up shortly. In the meantime here is the pro-tour style bar installed on our 79' Monte Carlo. The pattern around the rear end is identical to the A-Body. We actually test fit this bar with every rear end out there... no rubbing with this bar! We designed it around the 12-bolt, 9", S60 and M9. Picture below is suspension unloaded, the bar will come up when loaded. Hope this helps!

Ryan |

l

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old May 15th, 13, 2:09 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Ryan, thanks, that's awesome. I'm using that exact Moser cover on my 12-bolt. Already scheming a way to fund a purchase of your bar

Mike

69 Chevelle 496/TH400
ET/Speed - 11.371 @ 117.23 - SOLD JUNE 2017

1965 Chevy Impala 355/TH350 - NEW RIDE JUNE 2017

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old May 15th, 13, 2:16 PM Thread Starter
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia69 View Post
Ryan, thanks, that's awesome. I'm using that exact Moser cover on my 12-bolt. Already scheming a way to fund a purchase of your bar
Glad to help! Our LeMans is running the same cover as well on a GM 12-bolt. I have pictures of that but it is when we were designing. So not fancy red parts

Ryan |

l

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old May 20th, 13, 7:05 PM
Tech Team

I just called on the 4045-300 in black and was told none in stock. When will these be available?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old May 21st, 13, 8:52 AM Thread Starter
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvette71 View Post
I just called on the 4045-300 in black and was told none in stock. When will these be available?
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

We actually have the bar itself in stock, we did however run out of the aluminum sway bar mounts. They are heading on a CNC next and will then need anodized, we are estimating 1.5-2 weeks to ship a kit. I honestly suggest if you can wait to place your order now and we will ship when available. We only have a few bars left in stock and I don't know if they will be replenished before we run out, this batch sold pretty quick!

If I can help anymore please ask. Thanks!
Ryan

Ryan |

l

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 11:08 AM
Tech Team
Ken

Looking forward to seeing the new pro touring bar!!!!!!!!!!!!

71 Chevelle 454 gen v
- 215 gen IV heads
-TKO 5 speed, 3:73 posi 12 Bolt
-2.5" SS magna flow's
-750 Holley/vac
-Comp Cam D:IN-296 EX-302 Lift:IN-566 EX-566
-Timing 18*/38*
-Hydraulic Roller's
-Comp Cams Roller Timing set
-Crane Roller Rockers
-Edelbrock RPM Air Gap
-Boss 18's with MT's
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 13, 10:32 AM
Tech Team

Hello Ryan-invoice 25683
2 weeks has gone by.
I called and spoke to Chris and was told it would ship today.
Can you confirm this?

Thanks,
Dave

I see a shipping label has been created with UPS but the tracking number show's it hasn't been picked up yet as of 8:30pm. My credit card was debited on May 21st.

Last edited by dvette71; Jun 5th, 13 at 8:31 PM.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 13, 9:35 AM Thread Starter
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvette71 View Post
Hello Ryan-invoice 25683
2 weeks has gone by.
I called and spoke to Chris and was told it would ship today.
Can you confirm this?

Thanks,
Dave

I see a shipping label has been created with UPS but the tracking number show's it hasn't been picked up yet as of 8:30pm. My credit card was debited on May 21st.
Hello Dave,

Your order has shipped yesterday and is scheduled for delivery on Friday 6-07. Sometimes it takes a few hours for tracking #'s to become active. We did charge you on 5-21, we were honest and mentioned it would take 1.5-2 weeks to ship since we were out of stock on aluminum brackets. They just came in the door yesterday from anodize so we could get it out. Thanks again!

On a side note- we have three bars in stock right now... we would like to sell these three at the introductory price before they go to $479. If you are interested please let us know. After that they will be regular price. Thanks!

Ryan |

l

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 13, 4:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Phil

Ever get a photo of the bar installed on an A-body with the suspension loaded? I see you have a sale going on and thinking about getting one of these.

Also, do you suggest removing my front sway bar with this rear drag bar installed? My car sees both street/strip duties.

71 Chevelle SS
zz502 (Straub Cam, RPM Airgap, ProSystems Carb, MSD, etc.)
Rossler TH400
Built 12 bolt 4:11

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 13, 4:33 PM Thread Starter
Ryan

We put a lot of time in designing this bar so it tucks up tight. If you look below, both the pro-tour and drag bar will look like this and fit like this.

They are 15% off and free shipping right now too!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Ryan |

l

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 14, 12:02 AM
Tech Team
TJ

Guess I need to get the gas tank under the car, some wheels on it, and get it back on the ground.. Maybe it's just the 9" not consuming so much space on the aft side of the housing, but I feel like this thing is hanging out in the middle of nowhere.

Doesn't look so bad compared to the first pic posted May 15th..

I went so far as to mock it up upside down. Seems to fit actually :P and improves ground clearance.

Max shock extended:

And absolute max suspension upward travel, springs out, bump stops smashed entirely against frame. Quite tidy, just need to make sure my tailpipes plans and whatnot aren't affected.

67 Malibu #1:

67 Malibu #2:
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 14, 9:15 AM Thread Starter
Ryan

In picture one and two the bar would probably travel up a little more when the suspension actually loads fully. Picture two is tucked up a lot better than one. The clearance is built in for the FAB9 rear ends.. they are really big and require that clearance. But the clearance is back and not down which is nice.

Let us know how it works at the track!

Ryan |

l

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1942 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.