Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Big Block vs LS
Thread: Big Block vs LS
View Single Post
post #69 of (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 17, 4:07 PM
Notalent
Senior Tech Team
Brandon

Re: Big Block vs LS

I know that my carbed 675HP/645TQ 496ci stroker gets ALLOT of seat time daily driving when the weather is nice....even more so since I put the complete UMI package on and she drives like a new corvette. On a good weekend Ill do a 200+ mile round trip with my 3.73 gears and TH400 cruising at 3500RPM and she wont miss a beat....along with that its a 10 second car...maybe high Nines with the ET Streets if I 60ft. I even get 10-12mpg if I dont get on her I dont do much track stuff, mostly street racing and 50mph rolls on the back roads. Once I put on Vintage air later this year Ill drive her even more....I prefer a BBC...I have my own LS build going together now with nothing to put it in that will be a turbo build....mainly just for fun and dyno numbers. I keep thinking swap, but I just cant bring myself to do it

Build what you want....just know a BBC can be done reliably with big power and efficient when the COMBO IS MATCHED. My 2 cents.

I do have a FITECH EFI here waiting for me to toss on as well....that will be interesting to see how she performers all around vs my Prosystem 953cfm setup.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome