View Single Post
post #44 of (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 17, 8:58 AM
Dan65ss
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Re: Big Block vs LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew540 View Post
No, I can tell it will not be that close given apples to apples. My cam specs are only 243/259 hydraulic roller at .050 with good size lift .660 on a 114 centerline. Not too bad 23 degrees of overlap at .050. If you assume 15% power loss the 610 /565 is like 715 / 660 tq at flywheel even with a lower % loss number like 12% still like 700 and 650 hp / tq. This is done with pump gas (11.7 to 1 compression) and by 6,100 rpm with peak tq at 4,900. So do not need to rev to moon to get great power. The car puts out At The Tire 500 ft pounds at 3,100 rpm. I think the key to these motors is the heads. Mine flow very well at 410 cfm at .650 lift (intake port is about 275 cc) with exhaust about 260 cfm with an exit tube.
Lew540-

If you could just do us all one more favor and swap those two motors around in your chevelle/corvette and then let us know the difference again :-)

Honestly, this is good info from someone who actually owns both. Yes there are differences in drivetrains and such. But still comparing from the same person on the topic we are discussing. Thanks for the info.

Build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Album -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome