Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Big Block vs LS
Thread: Big Block vs LS
View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 17, 12:38 PM
cstraub

Re: Big Block vs LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcameron View Post
I've already posted about this awhile back however I cant figure out for the life of me how to find the original post (sorry Im a noob). I have a 71' chevelle and im trying to decide between a big block or an ls/lt. The car currently has a bone stock 2 barrel 350. Ive narrowed it down between a 540 using a dart block and an ls7/lsx454 or lt4. The car will be driven a few times a week depending on the weather and is not seeing the track or strip. The power goal is around 600hp/tq as long as its streetable. Id like to keep the build n/a but im not opposed to boost. My budget for the engine and tranny would probably be around 15k though i wouldnt mind throwing a couple of more to get exactly what i want. I pretty much want a mean sounding, overpowered cruiser. Please let me know what you guys think and happy new years.
OEM 2 bolt or 4 Bolt block
AFR26 heads out of the box
.580 lift/ 235 @ .050" duration Hyd roller
Morel Street Series Lifters
Vic Jr.
AED 950
Balance Rotating kit yielding around 10 to 1

and your looking at the kind of power you are after.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why is it we never have time or money to do it the right way in the beginning but we always have time and money to do it over again?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome