Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - 1966 U80 Rear Speaker Option Info Needed
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 16, 1:02 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

Re: 1966 U80 Rear Speaker Option Info Needed

Your question has been hanging around and I decided to search a hundred or so old folders I on my computer with classified ads and auctions. I never realized how little attention people paid to such details apparently. Also the Assembly Manual doesn't detail the rear shelf & speaker (since it details the dash-side of the U80 option and Chevrolet's specific assembly involvement; Fisher Body installed the speaker during body & interior installation phase before Chevrolet got a hold of the body).

It looks like what James said about the stainless bolts is true; they were left unpainted.

I wish I had taken more and better pictures of the 67 Chevelle survivor I saw back in 2001 still in possession of the original owner. It had the U80 rear speaker on it. The car was a documented Canadian Malibu SS coupe with an L30 327, factory 4-speed & disc brakes.

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TC Gold #120

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome