Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Just picked up a 1966 Beaumont parts car
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 16, 11:56 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

Re: Just picked up a 1966 Beaumont parts car

That would have been a really nice car when it was new. The sixes were very popular, but for a Sport Deluxe most took a 283. Typically back when that car was new, only cheapskates bought sixes for the most part. A vinyl roof cover was a frill for somebody going for the six, but I do remember a friend's mother used to own a nice 66 Beaumont Custom coupe in Marina Blue with a black vinyl roof, a 230 six, Powerglide, plus power steering and power brakes which were odd on a 6 for the time. The car was scrapped in 1987 because the floors and frame went soft, although it had been a clean and well kept car all along. Blame the rust belt. It was her year round driver. The owner passed away in 1989.

The back bumper with the round backup light cutouts, and especially the backup lights with mounting brackets / tabs are a rare find and would be worth something to a 66 Beaumont owner.

The car would kind of be like my 67 Chevelle. Mine is Canadian-built in the 1967-version J-code Verde Green. Take a look at the link in my signature line if you want to see it.

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TC Gold #120

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome