Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Lets see some team El Camino pictures
View Single Post
post #430 of (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 16, 1:50 AM
1966_L78
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage
Re: Lets see some team El Camino pictures

Here's mine, pictures from last year... Its a "20-footer" with a amateur paint job sprayed by the previous owner (admittedly, his first paint job)...

After I bought it, I did manage to swap the front drums to discs, and get a 396 installed along with a th350 I had sitting around, a spare '66 BB radiator I picked up cheap, etc... Rebuilt the front suspension and steering, new gas tank/sender, new shocks picked up some bucket seat cores... Headers/Summit carb/HEI all came with the 396 (402)/th350 (but I swapped to a short water pump setup).

I have a guage cluster with the Shiftworks gauges I am intalling

But I haven't touched it in a few months... Keep meaning to, but...

This is about how it looked when I bought it...

Hard to see, but it has a repro SS hood... Rear floor pans have some rust, as well as the UPPER corners of the windshield channel ( both sides), but the lower channel/dash is solid (having 15+ 66 Chevelles, I have never seen rust at the top without rust at the bottom...

The car was gutted, but appears to be an original BB car (fuel line, frame mounts, "rust shadows" where the rear frame braces went, and TH-400 cross-member frame brackets... Unfortunately, the 12-bolt was gone too...

Here it is after I got the brakes, suspension and engine done...

Drove it around the neighborhood a bit, but it has no wiring or bumpers or windshield (it broke upon removal). I ran a wire from the battery to the dash, where I installed one toggle switch for the ignition (HEI), and a momentary switch to the starter... No other wiring at all...

Despite the 396, its a "driver" to replace my S10 pickup... I also have a new windshield and rear glass and rear floor pans I picked up when visiting NPD...

Just writing this stuff gives me more incentive to do some work on it...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

Sold

&

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome