View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 16, 10:39 PM
jaf6738
Senior Tech Team
Jim

Re: 1968 SS 4 spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxman View Post
I'm buying a 68 SS Chevelle 4 speed with a 454 in it. The 454 is fine but I would like to know if replacing it with a 396 would make any difference in the value of the car because it will not be the original engine either? Also it needs to be painted so should I go with the original color or the one I like the best if that does not affect the value once finished? Last the proper SS stripe on a 68 goes in front of the hood, down the front fenders and continues past the door. My preference is the 2 stripes that go down the hood and on the trunk. Once again will that have a negative effect on the cars value once complete? Thanks for your inputs.
The trend seams to try to put the true 138 VIN Super Sports back to the way they looked from the factory appearance. Keep the 454 and dress it as a 68 396, paint it the original color, put disc brakes on it, and factory style wheels. That will max out the value if your plan is to sell it soon down the road after it's done. Are you doing the bodywork and paint yourself?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome