Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Chevelle Beaumont???
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 06, 12:29 PM
1966_L78
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage
Re: Chevelle Beaumont???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_lightfoot
I think that 1968 manual needs to be read like this - "Pontiac and Acadian and Beaumont". Not to be read in this manner - "Pontiac Acadian, Pontiac Beaumont". Understand what I am trying to say? Am I making any sense?

I have always heard the "Acadian" was the early (pre-66) Nova twin, while later Nova twins were the Canso and Invader (Canso being nicer equipped models and the Invader being the lower cost version) and the Chevelle twin was the Beaumont (with "Acadian" being like "Pontiac" or "Chevrolet").

So saying "Acadian Beaumont" is like saying "Chevrolet Chevelle"...

I also read somewhere that the "Acadians" had "Pontiac" on the title... Something about "Acadian" not being recognized as a manufacturer...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

Sold

&

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome