post #13 of (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 16, 8:21 PM
1966_L78
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage
Re: Syclone/Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
Yes, I remember hearing that you couldn't tow with them and I thought it odd. You would think they would be great for towing. They weren't so much of a truck but more of a 2-seat musclecar disguised as a mini truck.
I always wanted a Syclone...

Back in 1998, I bought a new Dodge Dakota R/T (360, lowered, 17inch wheels)... Paled in comparison to the Syclone (only ran 15.2 in the quarter)... But it was a fun sporty truck. 15 MPG no matter how I drove it...

When I bought it, it had something like a 5000 lbs tow capacity (I was thinking I could actually tow my Chevelle)...

after about a year, Dodge revised the tow capacity to 1000 pounds (or something, a LOT lower than originally stated), something about the larger axle tubes and lowered suspension causing axles to break when loaded...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

Sold

&

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome