Rich AND Lean spots - need help with AE tuning. - Chevelle Tech
EFI Caution: Beyond here be monsters...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 17, 4:44 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Rich AND Lean spots - need help with AE tuning.

X-Posted from the Holley Forums:
First of all, let me state that I'm 100% with the Sniper experience. The car drives great, throttle reaction is mostly instant, so now it's to the details, which mostly means fuel mileage in city driving. As suggested by Danny, I decided to start with AE tuning as the Sniper default setting has a reputation of being on the rich side. Engine is a Ford 400M, 9.5:1 compression ratio, Edelbrock Performer Intake & Cam.

First order of business, of course, is gathering data. You can find the datalog here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fpyhb2suo..._0018.dlz?dl=0
GCF is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt4niaowvw...09.sniper?dl=0

As you can see, I have both lean spots under acceleration (see at 84.5 seconds or 99 seconds), and very rich spots (88, 91, and 92 seconds). I suspect that I have to manipulate the AE vs TPS and AE vs MAP tables in different ways. Sadly, I don't really understand their interplay yet and thus need some help. A lot of it, actually. Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 17, 5:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Re: Rich AND Lean spots - need help with AE tuning.

There is good info here, but a little slow sometimes. Yellow Bullet has a section where a few Holley EFI gurus hang out, Danny being one of them. If you do register there, the first forum has a newbie thread, some people get upset if you don't check in there first. This is the electrical section there. Wasn't sure if you were familiar with YB.

Electrical - Hyperaktive Performance Solutions - Yellow Bullet Forums

The official “Hi I’m A Newbie” thread… - Yellow Bullet Forums

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE POWER..... AND IF YOU USE THAT POWER BAD THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike Lewis street 572

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cale Aronson
Black Magic clutches

Cam by UDHarold
Menscer Motorsports

TRZ

CEAutoelectric

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 17, 2:29 AM
Boldly procrastrinating
Tom Terrific II

Garage

dropbox requires a signup that wants access to my contacts. Also, it's a .dlz file. no program on my computer knows about them. Can you save it in a generic format like .txt or .xls?

Tom Terrific or Terrible Tom, depending on the phase of the moon, passing cosmic rays or other factors not fully understood except by my wife.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 17, 3:37 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

You should be able to download from Dropbox without signing up.

The dlz is Holley's log file format - you open it in the Sniper software using the "open log" button.

But unlike what I am used to, Holley's tuning manual is actually helpful, and the software even more so. When you watch the log and click on a certain point in it, all settings active at that moment are highlighted as you flip through your config, making it really easy to pinpoint where the issue lies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 845 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.