View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old May 20th, 16, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
fridgeguy
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Re: Fuel Pressure Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G View Post
I've dealt with MagnaFlow 275 and 500, that wasnt street friendly at all and kept over heating. That was no return line w magnaflows. Then I switched to mallory 140 pump w return line and it fixed everything. Currently I'm running aermotive in tank pump w return line and drives fine on street. Check for symptoms other than psi such as hot over heating pump, low fuel, high pressure in tank (ie huge vent when popping gas cap). Ive always keep tank at least half full and notice gage moves when it's less than half full when cornering or what not.

Could be pump wearing out? Is it rated for continuous duty? Etc. Fuel cell won't solve everything if it's still the pump. Is it a factory tank wit added sump?
No vent pop when removing gas cap to vent is ok. I'm think I might have a crack in the pick up in the tank and might be sucking air. Also thinking of swapping to a mechanical pump to see if it still does it.

65 Beaumont Sport Delux,406,AFR 195 Competition Eliminators, Edelbrock Tunnel Ram, Voodoo 60113 Hyd Roller,
540 hp,525 Tq, Faceplated TKO 600.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome