View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old May 20th, 16, 9:31 AM Thread Starter
fridgeguy
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Re: Fuel Pressure Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave427 View Post
Mine did weird stuff like that if I ran it below 1/2 tank of gas.

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson67ss View Post
How much fuel in the tank ? The fuel will slosh around and have points of no fuel at the tank pick up and the pump gets a big gulp of air before the fuel returns.
The air won't come out until it gets to the carb and will disrupt the fuel gauge until it all passes by and is replaced with fuel.
I bet if you stand on it real hard as if you were racing it will do the same thing right after launch or just after a hard shift.
There maybe another issue, but the above scenario is very common with lower fuel amounts and no baffling in the tank.
Might be on to something here. My fuel gauge doesn't work but I'll try with a full tank and see what happens. I'm thinking, based on the km on the tank that I'm on the top side of half a tank.

65 Beaumont Sport Delux,406,AFR 195 Competition Eliminators, Edelbrock Tunnel Ram, Voodoo 60113 Hyd Roller,
540 hp,525 Tq, Faceplated TKO 600.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome