Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Fuel Pressure Issue
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old May 20th, 16, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
fridgeguy
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Fuel Pressure Issue

ok long story here. I'm running an electric Edelbrock fuel pump and Holley regulator. What happens is after driving for say a 1/2 hour on the highway and I slow down to turn off I'll loose fuel pressure, drops from 6 psi to 3 or so and then starts bouncing around and will eventually go back to 6 psi for a bit and will then drop down again. I've got full voltage at the pump relay, tried another relay and no difference, tried another known good Edelbrock pump of the same type and same deal, also tried another known good regulator and same deal. Pump seems to flow ok at the outlet and after the regulator, doesn't seem to be a restriction in the tank but I did notice that it seems start doing this after I slow down from highway speed to make a hard right hand turn off the highway. Has a new pick up in the tank as well. Voltage on my gauge is 14.5 all the time. Never had it happen on short trips. What else should I be looking for? This is a 406 with Tunnel Ram and Eddy Carbs and no fuel return. Thanks for any help.

65 Beaumont Sport Delux,406,AFR 195 Competition Eliminators, Edelbrock Tunnel Ram, Voodoo 60113 Hyd Roller,
540 hp,525 Tq, Faceplated TKO 600.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome