View Single Post
post #63 of (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 16, 7:48 AM
Andy69
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Re: car show etiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by augy View Post
....Back when we used to go to car shows, we would sit a ways off from our car and then listen and laugh at some of the comments made about our '57 Chevy 150 2 door El Cheapo Handyman wagon. Most of the time the know-it-alls called it a Nomad....

"Yep, son, that's one of them there '57 Nomads. I had me one of them there cars once. The guy that owns this one sure did a poor job restoring it. He left all the chrome off the tailgate. He put a silver grille in it instead of the gold one. It ain't supposed to have 55 Chevy straight chrome on the rear quarters." Etc, etc, etc.

You CAN distinguish the know-it-alls from the truly uninformed. I always explain the difference between a Nomad and a 2-door wagon (actually rarer than a Nomad) to the uninformed, and they appreciate that.

The "experts"?....I usually just listen and then....
and it doesn't do any good to try to correct them. They'll just argue, and then you end up in the whole arguing with an idiot routine.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome