View Single Post
post #52 of (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 16, 8:07 AM Thread Starter
90lxracer
Tech Team

Re: 65 Chevelle Drag Car Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragRacer View Post
Looks good!!

Your painter is about 500 times faster than most. A buddy at work just got his car back from paint after 18 months. Soooooooo many stories of body shop jail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokerboats View Post
That's impressively quick. Quickest paint I think I've ever seen.
Thanks!

Yes, I've had my run in with body shop prison. Really more of body shop nightmare, the guy did more damage than anything else, that's how I ended up using this guy. But really he had it WAY longer than he did my mustang.

It's funny.. when I dropped it off, I asked him what his timeline was, and made the cardinal sin of saying "I'm not in a rush" for it. At the time, I was just going to have the sheet metal hung, and that's it. I was going to let it sit until I was ready to have the new cage burned in, and then worry about paint.. He said no worries, I'm ready to go.. I'll have it knocked out in 2 weeks! lol And the first two pics are ones he sent me within 2 days of dropping it off.. then it just stopped.... and it sat. That when I was ok.. I'll just put it together with the stuff I have and play while I put money together to put a real chassis in it.. that when putting it back together came into focus.

But all in all, I'm glad it's getting done, he does killer work!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome