post #392 of (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 16, 1:42 PM Thread Starter
Mike McMasters
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Re: 66 P/T build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_Jim View Post
Mike,

I hope your father is doing well and possibly recovering? I definitely get having family issues along with many projects going. Any chance we might get some updates on the Chevelle if there are any? This thread is like crack to many of us here. I know it inspires me to try to do good work on mine.

At any rate, I hope all is well with you and your family.

-Jim

Jim,

I appreciate you asking about Dad.It's been a few months since his surgery and he is starting to get back to his old self. His surgery was pretty invasive and it takes a long time to heal up and even longer at his age. He's a tough old dude though so he's getting through it. They are pretty sure they got it all but only time will tell.

I know it has been a long time since I posted any updates on the Chevelle. The main reason is there just have not been many lately. I have the body back on the frame for the last time. All of the sheet metal is back on and the gaps are close. All of the glass is out as well. What I am waiting on is my buddy who is going to paint it. He recently bought a new home and is busy doing a remodel. He is very talented and is worth the wait to me so that's what I'm going to to. He said he still hopes to get it done this year but I won't hold my breath.

I have everything on hand to finish assembly and I have seriously contemplated puting it together for this year and enjoying it but I just can't do it. It's an empty shell now and ready for the body shop and I really don't want to have to take it all apart again. I have to be patient.

We have been keeping busy building my son's 67 C10 and it has made it much easier for me to wait on the Chevelle. I still get on here all the time and check on your build and several others that I have been following for a long time. You guys keep me motivated!!

Mike

Mike
66 Chevelle Pro Touring build in progress

My 66 Chevelle build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome