Team Chevelle banner

Not cool

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Trout 
#1 ·
Bought half a grille for a 65 Beaumont from a guy in Barrie Ontario, the guy tells me 68.95 to ship it, no problem I pay it, look at post mark when grille arrived 28.92, guy burns me for $40 and I haven't even opened the box yet. I don't mind paying a bit extra for guys time packing up a item and for gas, but $40? I open box and look at grille, hole drilled in top of it, someone's name engraved deep into top of beside the hole, grille is cracked and separating, the edge on the end of it crushed. Guy never told me or showed me pictures of any of the damages. Not cool. He's the only guy I have ever had a problem with, everyone else gives honest descriptions and send pictures of damages or concerns. The guy advertises on kijiji Barrie Ontario. I know I won't be dealing with this guy or recommending anyone buy from him.

#5 ·
Im sure other guys will chime in here as some of them have probably been through this process. Did you try contacting him?

#6 ·
Yup I contacted the guy and Barrie Ontario police. Guy says I can pay to ship it back then charge me 13% restocking fee lol then he'll refund money. The guy is a comedian. I just bring attention to the clown so other Beaumont owners don't buy anything from him, he can't be trusted.

#7 ·
WOW..well that makes us (Canadians) look bad...but you didn't even get pics on something before sending the money ???..that's a little buyer beware story ...sorry...it would be lovely if everyone was honest and truthful ...but then all of those prison guards..lawyers and judges would be out of a job

#8 ·
Sometimes yoiu run into stuff like this, but by and large I find that the regulars on this site are pretty solid and willing to help.
At least at the Barrie Automotive Fleamarket you can browse the stuff, negotiate and avoid shipping. I haven't been to the Barrie in years though because it was turning into a doll, socks & T-shirt market, plus now they make youy pay to park in a feild. E-Bay has changed things, plus the days of casually finding saleable old car stuff are mostly behind us. After checking your other posts I see that you are in Calgary, so visiting the Barrie Market isn't a realistic scenario.

If you have a Beaumont you could also sign up at Canadianponcho. There are a good bunch of people local to you in Calgary that get together occasionally.

#9 ·
It's actually not buyer beware, because he didn't tell me or send pictures of any issues to make me aware. Just one distant photo. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, just letting other Beaumont owners know not to buy from this guy. There's always one clown, this guy is him. Most folks in old car world are good people always one clown

#11 ·
That's unfortunate to hear...it looks like the guy in Barrie sells a lot of Beaumont parts. People like that deserve to get bashed online...this is not just a difference of opinion. I had a similar thing with a small cheap part (from a popular reseller) told me seat belt was in really good shape, and the buckle was all pitted like it sat outside in salt! I mean seriously...

Carl's an easy guy to get along with, very stand-up and generous... But sometimes people cross paths for whatever reason.

Thanks for the heads up, if I ever do deal with the guy, I'll do my homework.

ak

#13 ·
Ref post #9, it certainly it is buyer beware.

You have to do your homework and make sure the condition is what you expect. On a site like this, the seller would typically offer the bad news about a part (to be nice and protect their reputation), but the buyer is responsible for buying the part he/she wants. Not sure why the police were called, stupid isn't illegal.

I have lots of junk that I wouldn't mind selling, but dealing with morons that think I can read their minds, the post office, and people that want things for free, why bother? I can put metal in the recycle bin, and big parts by the street for the night people to take. Sadly, a lot of the stuff I don't need is desirable to geeks like us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.