Morel Ultra Pros For Sale.. - Chevelle Tech
Straub Technologies

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 11, 3:42 PM Thread Starter

Morel Ultra Pros For Sale..

I have a set of USED morels that have minimal time on them. Customer went .903 and sent these into Morel for rebuilds. They are very clean with virtualy no wear at all on the bodies. Normal $695 new first $400 gets them.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why is it we never have time or money to do it the right way in the beginning but we always have time and money to do it over again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 11, 4:09 PM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino
Re: Morel Ultra Pros For Sale..

Hyd or Solid? SB or BB?

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD
1990 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

My Super Heros don't wear a cape...they wear Dog Tags!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 11, 5:08 PM Thread Starter

Solid Roller BBC. These have pressure fed oiling.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

Why is it we never have time or money to do it the right way in the beginning but we always have time and money to do it over again?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 11, 6:26 PM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Interested Chris...PM sent...

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD
1990 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

My Super Heros don't wear a cape...they wear Dog Tags!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 11, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Sold

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 11, 1:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

Chris it appears you are really up to date on morel lifter offerings and possibly you can help me with a question.
My current engine (ZZ454) and it uses GM part# 17120061lifters, which I believe are also used in their 572/620. My question is, is that the best lifter they offer for a factory hydraulic set up in a GenVI factory block?

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 11, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCB67SS View Post
Chris it appears you are really up to date on morel lifter offerings and possibly you can help me with a question.
My current engine (ZZ454) and it uses GM part# 17120061lifters, which I believe are also used in their 572/620. My question is, is that the best lifter they offer for a factory hydraulic set up in a GenVI factory block?
Bill,
Morel offers a drop in dog bone retained lifter that fits that application and it is a very good lifter and is limited to around .700" lift. I prefer the removal of the dog bones and the spider and just run a retro fit link bar style lifter.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 11, 11:39 AM
Senior Tech Team
Vince

Chris, just refresh my memory regarding the dogbones -

Why dont you like them? I personally feel its a superior system - talk about preventing carnage!

*69 SS 502 EFI /224* HR/9.8:1/T56/3.90/ 4000lbs RW 11.5/124mph
*96 Stang 6.0 turbo 10.5/135mph (9.13 ET w/E85 and 16psi) **SOLD**
*2011 Mustang GT premium
*61" Scag Kohler 22hp 7mph
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 11, 12:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

Thanks Chris.....I was wondering if GM had used Morels or the Crane lifters in their ZZ Big Block Hydraulic engines. The sites I have found with information on them say both ways and in fact some they are the same lifter. But then again this is what a read on the net, and we all know how that goes. Were blessed here at TC to have folks like yourself, Wolfplace, Vortecpro, Carl and many other assist in finding the truth. Again thanks for your assistance.......

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 11, 6:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks Chris.....I was wondering if GM had used Morels or the Crane lifters in their ZZ Big Block Hydraulic engines. The sites I have found with information on them say both ways and in fact some they are the same lifter. But then again this is what a read on the net, and we all know how that goes. Were blessed here at TC to have folks like yourself, Wolfplace, Vortecpro, Carl and many other assist in finding the truth. Again thanks for your assistance.......

Crane supplied GM. Morel does not make lifters for Crane nor does Crane make lifters for Morel.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 11, 10:40 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

Thanks for the clarification Chris........
Does Morel make the Ultra version for replacement of the stock Gen. VI lifters with the dog bones?

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 11, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification Chris........
Does Morel make the Ultra version for replacement of the stock Gen. VI lifters with the dog bones?
yes, the are $649 a set.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 3041 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.