I have been promising people I would start up a build thread for awhile. So I figure it is about time. A bunch of friends call it S&^%Velle, so I figured that is a good nickname for it.
Quick background on the car. True 138 1965 SS that had a 350 sbc and a th350 trans. Car was red with a black interior. Bought the car at spring Carlisle in '91. Was my first car and have held on to it since then. Started the restoration 15 years ago with my father, but he ended up with some health issues and passed away a couple years later. So the shop and extra hands were gone...so it sat in a temp garage for the next 13 years until I was finally ready to take on the challenge again.
So here I am, but now the PT bug has bitten me, so the original restoration that was going to happen has changed...like a lot of people. I got the car from the temp lodging last summer and started working on it. Was going to just get it running...then was just going to lift it to do the body mounts...then turned into a frame off in my little garage. Yikes!
Now we are in our second summer and knee deep into this thing again. I will throw a few posts together with the pictures which I have of the progress up to this point. So it is going to seem like I am making some serious progress, but I am not. I always said this was probably going to take me 3 years or more, so I am not rushing myself.
Plans right now:
Frame upgrades- ABC Performance boxing and mini tubs
All new suspension
Strange S60 rear
Upgrade to disk brakes (still working on which ones)
LS3-525hp / T56
Dakota digital dash
Vintage Air AC
New floors and trunk
Non mouse infested interior
I am trying to overbuild this so I won't instantly be sick of it and digging back into it when I am finished.
So let's get this thread going...
Quick thanks already to Aaron O, [email protected]
, and Tobin. It is great to be part of the A body community. This is my first restoration, so you will see some hacked jobs!!