Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - CS130 Alternator, Autometer gauges, and generator light removal...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 15, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
rxn0001
Lifetime Premium Member
Rob

CS130 Alternator, Autometer gauges, and generator light removal...

I'm in the process of wiring Autometer electronic speedometer, tach, and quad gauges in my 1965 Chevelle. I have upgraded to a CS130 alternator. I plan on buying a Painless Plug alternator pigtail with the resistor for the L terminal exciter wire on the alternator. I will not use the Generator light since I am not using the factory gauges. Can I use this wire to power a 12 volt accessory (I need to confirm the gauge of the wire, possibly the Quad gauge)? If not, should I just cut out the plug for the bulb & shrink wrap the wires? If I do this, I should be okay running the wires (brown/brown with white strip to the ignition) that run in parallel with the Generator light wires, correct? Or, should I remove the Generator light plug & solder the wires together eliminating the plug?

I've searched the site but most people want to use the factory Generator light or Amp gauge. Since I don't want the light, I'm open to any suggestions or questions to make sure I do this right the first time.

Thank you!

Rob

1965 Malibu SS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome