Chevelles.com Site Discussion Website questions, feedback, comments, suggestions.

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 16, 2:34 PM
Senior Tech Team
Tim

Re: Log in almost everytime!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia69 View Post
Thanks for the stupid emoticon shaking it's head. My 5-yr-old nephew thought it was cute. You see the ads if you click on the site without being logged in, which is exactly what I posted. Go back and re-read it. Or better yet, click on the site from a borrowed computer and see the ads yourself.

I use firefox and have ghostery with ad block and I never see ads.
And, I log out every time I leave.Then,I dont always log back in when I come back to the site.
I just read and I dont see any ads.

For What it's worth?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 16, 2:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

I often visit the site from my work laptop. I don't have the freedom to use anything but the company-specified software.

Mike

69 Chevelle 496/TH400
ET/Speed - 11.371 @ 117.23 - SOLD JUNE 2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1965 Chevy Impala 355/TH350 - NEW RIDE JUNE 2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #63 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 16, 3:06 PM
Tech Team
Glen

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by old hoon View Post
I never log out either and I have the remember me box ticked but every now and then when I open the site I have to log on again. I have to refer back to my email to reveal the stupidly complicated password I was given. Havent bothered to try to change it cause with all the stipulations you have to have, it would be just as complicated.
Same here! Using Chrome.

1968 Chevelle
468 Big Block
Muncie M20 4 Speed
12 Bolt Posi 3.31:1 Gears

post #64 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 16, 5:15 PM
Community Manager/Admin
Jeff

Garage

Quote:
The email address I used years ago when I joined TC is no longer valid. The methodology for re-setting my password then didn't work, because I didn't get the emails. And, when you aren't logged on, there is no way to contact an administrator. I opened a thread about it in Bench Racing - and I had to create a new user identity to even do that. It was a colossal PITA, and I still don't see the need for forcing everyone to re-set their passwords.

That was about a month or so ago. In the mean time, I often have to manually log in when I visit the site, even though the box is checked, as stated by so many others.
There is a contact us that the bottom of the page and a notice on the main forum page.

Chevelle Tech - Contact Us

Have you updates your email now and all is good?

Quote:
Thanks for the stupid emoticon shaking it's head. My 5-yr-old nephew thought it was cute. You see the ads if you click on the site without being logged in, which is exactly what I posted. Go back and re-read it. Or better yet, click on the site from a borrowed computer and see the ads yourself.
Note you can turn off the sidebar in user CP here to see less ads:

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/prof...do=editprofile

Toggle right sidebar
This allows you to turn off the sidebar on forum threadview pages.
For Premium Members, this turns off the sidebar on all forum pages.
Enable Disable

Jeff M
robpp likes this.

Jeff
Community Manager / Admin
AutoGuide.com

If you need Admin assistance please post here:

post #65 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 16, 10:17 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Sorry you don't care for the icons Mike but glad that your nephew liked it.

OK, I can try again on all seven of my computers.
Maybe something has changed since last time BUT then I was logging in as a non paying member so I admit that I don't know about ads when being on here without being logged in at all.

I know it's very frustrating for some but they need to realize that all the changes are being made to protect forum users' information from being hacked.
The new password deal is really not all that difficult.

post #66 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 16, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Garage

The whole purpose of signing up and logging in are to avoid the advertising. Why would anyone want to view the site logged out? I have just to be aware of what others see. Also have a non paying account for the same reason. If someone reports an issue I need to see it from the same level. If you have to view logged out why complain, it is what it is. It is your choice not to login or in some cases that of your employer, who has the right to choose what can be seen on their equipment.

The issue of users not keeping contact info up to date is not the sites fault. I moderate on 2 other AF forums and there has not been the issues seen here with new passwords. Attitudes suggesting Autoforums is responsible for all of the problems is really getting old. Some have stated they have the same issues at all the AF sites they are a part of, have they been resolved? Same users with same issues really does seem like more than a site problem. There are over 80,000 registered users here but only a handful have issues. All the staff both paid and voluntary have been doing their best to resolve them, and they will be resolved. This is Team Chevelle so let's be a team and work together. Report problems, give them time to get resolved. AG Jeff has been very good handling these issues and reporting when they are resolved.

I use a 10 year old laptop with WIN7 and chrome. The laptop in the shop is 6 years old with Chrome and WIN7. My phone is a Galaxy S7, has 3 different browsers downloaded. I log in without using the app and on all of these devices I have no issues. My wife has a state of the art gaming laptop running WIN8 with Chrome and I can log in with no issues. No issues when using an old Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet. My home service is a 4G LTE cellular router from Verizon, not a fast cable or fiber optic connection.

Team Chevelle Gold Founding Member #42

L29 454, 4L80E, 12 bolt posi 3.31, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
63 Nova wagon

post #67 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 16, 9:20 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Terrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Jeff View Post
Can you grab me a screenshot of this and post device info?

Jeff M
Jeff I saw the ad on autoguide today so got you some screenshots. for the life of me I can't find an exit from their website to get back to autoguide. The x close in the third pic brings you back to the 2nd pic. its a nice site if you are buying a Toyota but bad for autoguide.
As stated before using Iphone6 and has been a problem for about a month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2101.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	382545

Name:	IMG_2102.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	382553

Name:	IMG_2103.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	382561
AG Jeff likes this.

69 Chevelle Convert
post #68 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 16, 10:43 AM
Administrator
Test

Garage

Hey guys you should not see those ads when logged in. Can you clear your cookies, cache and log in again to see if this ads is persistent.

Thank you,

~ Glenda
AG Jeff likes this.

post #69 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 16, 12:27 PM
Community Manager/Admin
Jeff

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
Jeff I saw the ad on autoguide today so got you some screenshots. for the life of me I can't find an exit from their website to get back to autoguide. The x close in the third pic brings you back to the 2nd pic. its a nice site if you are buying a Toyota but bad for autoguide.

Attachment 382545

Attachment 382553

Attachment 382561
@Kaizen - logged in correct and which browser again?

Jeff M

Jeff
AutoGuide.com

post #70 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 16, 12:30 PM
Administrator
Test

Garage

Quote:
The email address I used years ago when I joined TC is no longer valid. The methodology for re-setting my password then didn't work, because I didn't get the emails. And, when you aren't logged on, there is no way to contact an administrator. I opened a thread about it in Bench Racing - and I had to create a new user identity to even do that. It was a colossal PITA, and I still don't see the need for forcing everyone to re-set their passwords.

That was about a month or so ago. In the mean time, I often have to manually log in when I visit the site, even though the box is checked, as stated by so many others.
Hey there,

Are you having issues where you have to constantly logged in? If you're browser is set to save cookies and you're not using the incognito browser, then it's something I can report to the techs.

About how long until you get booted off?

Lee

post #71 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 16, 1:57 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Well I apologize, I found out I do see an ad when I'm not logged on.

Last edited by Dean; Aug 19th, 16 at 11:40 AM.
post #72 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 16, 2:52 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Terrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Jeff View Post
@Kaizen - logged in correct and which browser again?

Jeff M
autoguide app

69 Chevelle Convert
post #73 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 16, 3:14 PM
Community Manager/Admin
Jeff

Garage

Quote:

Attachment 382545

Attachment 382553

Attachment 382561
Quote:
autoguide app
10-4,

Thanks for the info.

Case opened # 2171489

Jeff M

Jeff
AutoGuide.com

post #74 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 16, 10:08 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I'm also getting loading stop due to some script stopping.

This script thingy is killing me.

Sometimes checking "don't ask me again" and clicking on "stop script" makes it go away for a while.

post #75 of 85 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 16, 8:26 AM
bln
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

not trying to steer anyone out of here but we do have a team chevelle facebook page

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1448 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.