Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 14 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelles.com Site Discussion Website questions, feedback, comments, suggestions.

53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #196 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 16, 9:24 AM

Re: Attention - Password and Security Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Ivan, do you want me to change the email address in the iharting profile to what is currently in the ihartprov profile so you can receive the new password?
(I'll have to delete it from the ihartprov profile first.)
Yes, please! Thanks a lot Dean!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #197 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 16, 10:55 AM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #198 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 16, 3:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
& Administrator

Thank you Dean.

post #199 of 206 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 16, 2:14 AM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

So today I come to TC to find I have been randomly logged off.

Turns out I have forgotten the ridiculously complex password, so I go to reset it.

I'm using Firefox and it does not display the human verification picture. I had to go through my phone to see it, which was greeted with an ad, thank you. Then I was finally sent a new password via email. Go to plug it in, and it says i've used up my attempts and I'm blocked out for 15 mins.

Can someone look into if the human verification feature works on Firefox, or is it limited to other browsers?

1971 Chevelle SS454, T56 Magnum 6 speed, 3.31 Posi

Youtube Channel.

Instagram:

Twitter:
post #200 of 206 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 16, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Test

Garage

The lost password recovery form shoud look like this. This is the one I pulled up with firefox. Is yours different?

Lee

post #201 of 206 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 16, 12:31 PM
Senior Tech Team
Denny

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SS454- View Post
So today I come to TC to find I have been randomly logged off.

Turns out I have forgotten the ridiculously complex password, so I go to reset it.

I'm using Firefox and it does not display the human verification picture. I had to go through my phone to see it, which was greeted with an ad, thank you. Then I was finally sent a new password via email. Go to plug it in, and it says i've used up my attempts and I'm blocked out for 15 mins.

Can someone look into if the human verification feature works on Firefox, or is it limited to other browsers?
You probably have an ad blocker extension on Firefox. It saw the ad in the human verification box and didn't load the content as a whole thinking it was all an ad.

I tested it with Ad Block Plus and it is the case (although it was still written «Please Enter: <security code>», so it seems I have a different version than what «Administrator» posted).

In the menu for ABP (clicked on the red stop sign in top right corner), by clicking «Disable this page only» and reloading the page, I could see the ad (and «Please Enter: <security code>»).

Though, in either case, I did not test if the security was working as expected. Got to leave some work for the site administrators . Hopefully they will begin to back down from the complex security measures .

post #202 of 206 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 16, 11:57 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Running Firefox 43.0.1. No ad blocker software or extensions. It doesn't show the Human verification.

1971 Chevelle SS454, T56 Magnum 6 speed, 3.31 Posi

Youtube Channel.

Instagram:

Twitter:
post #203 of 206 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 16, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Test

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SS454- View Post
Running Firefox 43.0.1. No ad blocker software or extensions. It doesn't show the Human verification.
could you get us a screenshot to see what you are looking at? just want to see it from your point of view is all.

~Shane

post #204 of 206 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 16, 7:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

you guys about ready to take that annoying password message off the front page yet? you still having members just getting the word to update their passwords? I say it's time to drop that message and add it to a message you get if your log on attempts fail. Thanks!
post #205 of 206 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 16, 8:03 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skier_Bob View Post
you guys about ready to take that annoying password message off the front page yet? you still having members just getting the word to update their passwords? I say it's time to drop that message and add it to a message you get if your log on attempts fail. Thanks!

Click on it and it will go away.

Team Chevelle Gold Founding Member #42

L29 454, 4L80E, 12 bolt posi 3.31, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
63 Nova wagon

post #206 of 206 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 16, 11:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Phillip - roger that -noticed the 'x.' was looking for the permanent disappearance.... thanks for the prompt reply and support
AG Jeff likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1132 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.