Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 11 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelles.com Site Discussion Website questions, feedback, comments, suggestions.

53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #151 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 16, 10:58 PM

Re: Attention - Password and Security Update

I have tried every email account I have, none have even changed for me for over 10 years, and I cannot get my account to reset no matter how many times I have tried to get it to reset, I had to sign up for a this new account just to get back in to post that my PAID Account cannot be accessed or reset no matter what I do.

Can a Admin or Mod please PM me so I can get my old paid account password email reset sent to me.

Every single "Forum" I was a member of, including this one, has been nothing but a huge hassle to get back onto due to the massive reset of everyone's account and passwords.

Thanks in advance !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 16, 11:38 PM
obsolete

Big problem that is really pushing me to the limit...... sent email to Chevelles.com asking for password reset assistance as I have had a new email address and did not receive the notification to update my password. Then I get an email addressed to username 'Obsolete.' WTF. That's not me. So I respond providing my username 'Skier_Bob' lifetime member.... member Since 1999. I keep getting email addressed to Dear Osolete but nothing in response to my request. Totally unsatisfactory support (first time this has happened to me on this site since 1999. SO, I figure I will try to log in, and change password, then change user name to my original user name. NOPE. Once again. WTF. Is anyone getting the emails I am sending? CAn anyone assist me (SKIER_BOB) NOT 'Obsolete' . Thanks.. A Lifetime paid up member who hasn't been able to access the site for a month.
post #153 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 16, 11:47 PM
obsolete

spent a few moments reading the posts in this thread.. I feel bad for this site - it has been a model in efficiency and professionalism (give or take a few heated exchanges) since I have been a member (1999) and agree with all those posts that basically say, "What have you guys done?" You're killing us! Please see previous post and help me asap.... I'd like to put this pain behind me asap. THANKS

post #154 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 16, 11:50 PM
obsolete

Help Skier_Bob! He is locked out!! He's not a bad guy..... let him back in!!
post #155 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 16, 12:06 AM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge-Runner0207 View Post
I have tried every email account I have, none have even changed for me for over 10 years, and I cannot get my account to reset no matter how many times I have tried to get it to reset, I had to sign up for a this new account just to get back in to post that my PAID Account cannot be accessed or reset no matter what I do.

Can a Admin or Mod please PM me so I can get my old paid account password email reset sent to me.

Every single "Forum" I was a member of, including this one, has been nothing but a huge hassle to get back onto due to the massive reset of everyone's account and passwords.

Thanks in advance !!!!
What is your screen name?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #156 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 16, 12:16 AM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
The email address that password resets are being to sent to (I ASSUME) is
[email protected] which is what is in your profile.
Do you want me to change it?
Of course, TC can only use the email address that they have.

It can not be the same as the one in your new temporary log on profile so we'll have to change that first if that's the one you want TC to have.

(naturally can't have two profiles with the same email address.)

Once you do get logged on to your old profile I will delete this temporary one.

post #157 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 16, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
What is your screen name?
RidgeRunner0207

I added the - to my new screen name because I never got anything about the update and I am not on here every single day.

All of my emails are the same as they have been, so I have no idea, but every site affected by the hackers was not able to send me an email and was worthless for getting it reset, just endless redirects and time wasted by me trying to get a hold of someone and get a fix.

Thanks
post #158 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 16, 2:18 PM
obsolete

Dean - Thanks for reaching out,.....Yes, I understand that....I even sent my new email in the original request.....'[email protected]' that's the emails I am receiving the 'Dear obsolete' emails. That's worse than a dear john letter!! Standing by for your assistance to get me out of this vortex. I have to put my 71 back together and have lots of questions!!
post #159 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 16, 2:34 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Test

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffhuff1 View Post
i gave been trying to chnge password for days now. im told my email is not recognized. what to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
On my work computer - ANYTHING else the PW does not work - I am pulling my hair out for a week now trying to get logged in - WTF - I have damn neat 7,000 posts without a problem and now this. Sad....

Now I am trying to try another PW and change my email and the "save changes" button is not highlighted - Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
I forwarded a "forgot password" to my home computer email - I copy/pasted it and FINALLY got in but it will not let me change the password or email to a chosen one. Not sure what is going on but at least i'm in. What a pain in the @$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimsls6 View Post
could not reset my password, tried for days. kept saying unrecognised e-mail. had to create new account. what to do? old name was slim, not slimsls6. HELP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimsls6 View Post
no, my e-mail has changed. tried old one also with no luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelleshack1 View Post
Same problem here , don't have my old email & have no idea as to what it was ( out of use for years ) so i can't get the password reset . My old user name is chevelleshack .
Quote:

Thanks in advance !!!!
Quote:
Big problem that is really pushing me to the limit...... sent email to Chevelles.com asking for password reset assistance as I have had a new email address and did not receive the notification to update my password. Then I get an email addressed to username 'Obsolete.' WTF. That's not me. So I respond providing my username 'Skier_Bob' lifetime member.... member Since 1999. I keep getting email addressed to Dear Osolete but nothing in response to my request. Totally unsatisfactory support (first time this has happened to me on this site since 1999. SO, I figure I will try to log in, and change password, then change user name to my original user name. NOPE. Once again. WTF. Is anyone getting the emails I am sending? CAn anyone assist me (SKIER_BOB) NOT 'Obsolete' . Thanks.. A Lifetime paid up member who hasn't been able to access the site for a month.
Quote:
spent a few moments reading the posts in this thread.. I feel bad for this site - it has been a model in efficiency and professionalism (give or take a few heated exchanges) since I have been a member (1999) and agree with all those posts that basically say, "What have you guys done?" You're killing us! Please see previous post and help me asap.... I'd like to put this pain behind me asap. THANKS
Quote:
Quote:
RidgeRunner0207

I added the - to my new screen name because I never got anything about the update and I am not on here every single day.

All of my emails are the same as they have been, so I have no idea, but every site affected by the hackers was not able to send me an email and was worthless for getting it reset, just endless redirects and time wasted by me trying to get a hold of someone and get a fix.

Thanks
Quote:
Dean - Thanks for reaching out,.....Yes, I understand that....I even sent my new email in the original request.....'[email protected]' that's the emails I am receiving the 'Dear obsolete' emails. That's worse than a dear john letter!! Standing by for your assistance to get me out of this vortex. I have to put my 71 back together and have lots of questions!!
hey all,

Sorry about the wait, If you are unable to get your password resets properly sorted out due to old emails on your account still after the notice was sent out, we ask that you go down to the contact us area, and with the subject line of "password reset" add the following contents for me:

- Account Name
- Email On the account
- Email You need it changed to if need be

add all this, then hit send, and someone on our team will answer that email and fix your account up no problem.

You can do the same and send us a PM privately to have it manually changed, but due to the influx and us tackling a lot of issues, this would be a slower way of getting it reset. we recommend you use the contact us form to get it resolved if you can. If that does fail though and you have waited too long, send us a PM and we will Manually reset it. Just make sure you supply the information above for a quicker fix.

Also, If you do have the right email on your account, I would ask you to please check your spam/junk folders as sometimes with certain email providers, it tends to land in there.

Again, I personally apologize about the wait. We are tackling the password transition as quickly as we can. if you all need anything else, please let me know.

~Shane

post #160 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 16, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
hey all,

Sorry about the wait, If you are unable to get your password resets properly sorted out due to old emails on your account still after the notice was sent out, we ask that you go down to the contact us area, and with the subject line of "password reset" add the following contents for me:

- Account Name
- Email On the account
- Email You need it changed to if need be

add all this, then hit send, and someone on our team will answer that email and fix your account up no problem.

You can do the same and send us a PM privately to have it manually changed, but due to the influx and us tackling a lot of issues, this would be a slower way of getting it reset. we recommend you use the contact us form to get it resolved if you can. If that does fail though and you have waited too long, send us a PM and we will Manually reset it. Just make sure you supply the information above for a quicker fix.

Also, If you do have the right email on your account, I would ask you to please check your spam/junk folders as sometimes with certain email providers, it tends to land in there.

Again, I personally apologize about the wait. We are tackling the password transition as quickly as we can. if you all need anything else, please let me know.

~Shane
Tried that, does not work, some stupid page redirect comes up about your question has not been submitted or some other nonsense.

Everything that could be tried was tried, PM on the way.
post #161 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 16, 3:46 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Tried that, does not work, some stupid page redirect comes up about your question has not been submitted or some other nonsense.

Everything that could be tried was tried, PM on the way.
You do know that your email on file is ridgerunnerdi****@charter.net, right?

post #162 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 16, 4:29 PM

Quote:
You do know that your email on file is ridgerunnerdi****@charter.net, right?
That would be why then, its no longer a valid email, charter is gone and comcast is in, moved from CT to SC two years ago.

Thanks
post #163 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 16, 5:00 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Do you want me to change your profile email?

post #164 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 16, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Do you want me to change your profile email?
Yes.

change the server to earthlink.net and leave the email the same please
post #165 of 206 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 16, 9:20 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Yes.

change the server to earthlink.net and leave the email the same please
Done

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1388 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.