A Response???????? - Chevelle Tech
Chevelles.com Site Discussion Website questions, feedback, comments, suggestions.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 20, 9:37 PM Thread Starter
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage
A Response????????

Hey how about an official response to the thread currently in Bench Racing titled "New Team Camaro Website Is A Disaster".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 20, 9:44 PM
Senior Tech Team
Claude

Re: A Response????????

What do you mean by a "response"? Several members replied in that thread already...

Claude.

1971 Chevelle SS
1987 Buick Grand National 9.48 @ 142 mph
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 20, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

A response from the administration.
Kirk's67SS likes this.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 20, 8:22 AM
Senior Tech Team
Greg.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofastforyou View Post
What do you mean by a "response"? Several members replied in that thread already... Claude.
Claude there were several queries/comments by Members here to the Admin here
of what is going to happen to the Team Chevelle Site
and if it was going to go/look/change to like the Team Camaro Site
Specifically Posts #s 1 / 18 / 22 / 53 just to name a few

To date we have not heard anything from the Admins on it

I for sure will miss this Site if it does change to what the Team Camaro has

67 Chevelle Malibu SS Cdn
Born 283 / PG / A51
468/TH400 2,500 stall/ S60 3.70 Gs
Prev Best on M/T ET S/S #3454 street Tires/Dress 2018/05/20
60' = 1.664
1/8 = 7.532 et / 91 mph
1/4 = 11.814 et / 115 mph
NEW Best with 3,500+ Stall TC 2019/09/08
60' = 1.547
1/8 = 7.311 et / 91.76 mph
1/4 = 11.595 et / 114.28 mph

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 20, 8:43 AM
Senior Tech Team
Claude

Ok, thank you.

Claude.
Kirk's67SS likes this.

1971 Chevelle SS
1987 Buick Grand National 9.48 @ 142 mph
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 20, 12:01 PM
Administrator
Test

Garage

We only typically check this section and the mod section for messages that need our responses. I'll put a response here.

Yes, the site will be getting the same treatment as https://www.camaros.net/ though I do no know when.

The fact of the matter is that we here are using out of date software that is no longer supported by it's developer. While things are working fine now, we are increasingly getting to a point where if something were to break, we might not be able to fix it without the assistance of a developer that will no longer give that help. Instead of waiting for something bad to break that might be irreversible, we've started moving sites to the new software that we developed in tandem with Xenforo, and one where we will have complete access to the site code and will no longer have to rely on outside assistance.

Personally, I would prefer to stick with VB 3 if we could. I know the inner workings of this software very well by the point, but for the long term survival of the forum, we need to do an upgrade. And while the new software is different and buttons are located in different locations and tools might have slightly different names, in the end it's still just another version of forum software. The beats are the same: threads are still threads, posts are posts, images are images. We will do everything we can to make the transition as smooth as possible.

With all that said, I'll say again that I don't know when chevelles is getting the same treatment, but we will give lots of warning before it happens

Kevin
71350SS likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 20, 1:17 PM Thread Starter
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Thank you Kevin
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 20, 5:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
& Administrator

Kevin is VB 5 not a current alternative?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 20, 6:11 PM
Senior Tech Team
Greg.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
We only typically check this section and the mod section for messages that need our responses. I'll put a response here.

Yes, the site will be getting the same treatment as https://www.camaros.net/ though I do no know when.

The fact of the matter is that we here are using out of date software that is no longer supported by it's developer. While things are working fine now, we are increasingly getting to a point where if something were to break, we might not be able to fix it without the assistance of a developer that will no longer give that help. Instead of waiting for something bad to break that might be irreversible, we've started moving sites to the new software that we developed in tandem with Xenforo, and one where we will have complete access to the site code and will no longer have to rely on outside assistance.

Personally, I would prefer to stick with VB 3 if we could. I know the inner workings of this software very well by the point, but for the long term survival of the forum, we need to do an upgrade. And while the new software is different and buttons are located in different locations and tools might have slightly different names, in the end it's still just another version of forum software. The beats are the same: threads are still threads, posts are posts, images are images. We will do everything we can to make the transition as smooth as possible.

With all that said, I'll say again that I don't know when chevelles is getting the same treatment, but we will give lots of warning before it happens
Kevin
So will TC have the same Bland look as Team Camaro
where everything messes/Blends into everything since the Background is all White
and it is hard to tell what is what ??

With TC now it is easy to see where the OP of the Thread/Post is (Upper Left of the Left Side Border and then the Middle Shaded part is the Actual Body of the Thread/Post
as that provides a definite defined Areas that is clear to the Reader

I do not know if the change to how our Pics are Displayed now
is something New/updated/upgraded or Good as they take up a lot more Area on the Screen
and thus less room for more Posts per Page

I like the Bigger Pics idea
but there was nothing wrong with the Smaller ones
that you could Click On to make them Bigger
since it used up less Space on the Page for more Posts

BUT I hate to have to LOG ON / IN every day with my User ID & PW when I come to the TC site
even thou I Tick the "Remember Me Box" why bother having this Box if it does not work
Also another little thing " if you Left Clicked on a Emoticon it would appear in your Post where your Curser was
not now as you have to Right Click on it then Left Click on "copy"
then move your Pointer to the Body of the Post
and Left Click where you want the Curser then Right Click again
then Left Click on "Paste" for it to appear
In regards to the above

we have not forgotten the problems with the "For Sale Cars Pics" and Classifieds had and still has !!??

Please forgive me and I am in no way blaming any of the hard working Mods on TC
but this is not how things worked before and are NOT a Upgrade
but a Backwards way to what a person should have to do to get some thing done IMHO

Born 283 / PG / A51
60' = 1.664
1/8 = 7.532 et / 91 mph
60' = 1.547

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 20, 12:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk's67SS View Post
So will TC have the same Bland look as Team Camaro
where everything messes/Blends into everything since the Background is all White
and it is hard to tell what is what ??

With TC now it is easy to see where the OP of the Thread/Post is (Upper Left of the Left Side Border and then the Middle Shaded part is the Actual Body of the Thread/Post
as that provides a definite defined Areas that is clear to the Reader

I do not know if the change to how our Pics are Displayed now
is something New/updated/upgraded or Good as they take up a lot more Area on the Screen
and thus less room for more Posts per Page

I like the Bigger Pics idea
but there was nothing wrong with the Smaller ones
that you could Click On to make them Bigger
since it used up less Space on the Page for more Posts

BUT I hate to have to LOG ON / IN every day with my User ID & PW when I come to the TC site
even thou I Tick the "Remember Me Box" why bother having this Box if it does not work
Also another little thing " if you Left Clicked on a Emoticon it would appear in your Post where your Curser was
not now as you have to Right Click on it then Left Click on "copy"
then move your Pointer to the Body of the Post
and Left Click where you want the Curser then Right Click again
then Left Click on "Paste" for it to appear
In regards to the above

we have not forgotten the problems with the "For Sale Cars Pics" and Classifieds had and still has !!??

Please forgive me and I am in no way blaming any of the hard working Mods on TC
but this is not how things worked before and are NOT a Upgrade
but a Backwards way to what a person should have to do to get some thing done IMHO
It sounds as though you have an issue with your web browser/add-ons. I would make sure that your browser is up to date (I recently switched to Waterfox and it works very well - I was having problems with Firefox on some sites). It uses the same platform as Firefox, but seems to run much better. You should also clear out your cookies (end everything else) once in a while, so that the browser can start fresh. The only add-ons that I use are uBlock Origin, New Tab Override, and Facebook Purity (which I LOVE - keeps Facebook neat and tidy).

https://www.waterfox.net/
Kirk's67SS and davewho1 like this.

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 20, 12:33 PM
Senior Tech Team
Greg.

Garage

Thanks Brian

My Computer is Old 2011 and I am still on Windows 7 as W 10 was/is a piece of crap

So as soon as I get some $$ I will be looking to buy a new Computer with all the new Bells & Whistles
like when I stop having to spend $$$$ on the Chevelle so she can just drive down the Street/Hwy in 3rd Gear

The old girl is now in the Trany Shop Jail to see what is wrong with the TH400 Reverse Manual VB

Born 283 / PG / A51
60' = 1.664
1/8 = 7.532 et / 91 mph
60' = 1.547

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 20, 1:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk's67SS View Post
Thanks Brian

My Computer is Old 2011 and I am still on Windows 7 as W 10 was/is a piece of crap

So as soon as I get some $$ I will be looking to buy a new Computer with all the new Bells & Whistles
like when I stop having to spend $$$$ on the Chevelle so she can just drive down the Street/Hwy in 3rd Gear

The old girl is now in the Trany Shop Jail to see what is wrong with the TH400 Reverse Manual VB
Early Windows 10 had a couple of issues, but overall it is very stable. I have a few computers running 10 and don't really have any issues with them (I repair Windows computers, so I have some sitting around - my own personal computers are a Mac Pro & a Macbook Pro, so definitely no issues there).

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 20, 3:33 PM
Tech Team
Greg

I for one can not wait for this site to modernize, I use a mobile device and Chevelles.com is very annoying with how it works and this is the only site it does this. Every time I open a thread it will bump me back to the top of the page every few minutes, annoying for sure, does it make me close it and move to a different site, Yes. Upgrade already.

Life is too short for caring about every bodies else's stuff
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 20, 3:43 PM
Senior Tech Team
Steve

The issue is that web designers have moved to an all or nothing mindset and are designing everything as if it is a mobile phone sized device only.

What works on a mobile phone sized device is not always best for other devices like desktops, laptops and even many tablets.

Also, every web designer seems to be moving away from having defined screen areas, borders, definition, shading, etc and simply washing everything out with white and no borders so you can’t discern anything other than a large blur of things that just blend together.

I know, I know, that is the “new and contemporary” view and I should just deal with it as it is “progress”. IMHO it sucks, now get off my lawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grock-co View Post
I for one can not wait for this site to modernize, I use a mobile device and Chevelles.com is very annoying with how it works and this is the only site it does this. Every time I open a thread it will bump me back to the top of the page every few minutes, annoying for sure, does it make me close it and move to a different site, Yes. Upgrade already.
Kirk's67SS and davewho1 like this.

1972 Chevelle, 454, 200-4r non-lockup, 12 bolt 3.73
1981 Camaro Z28, 355, TH350, 3.73
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 20, 1:08 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to davewho1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grock-co View Post
Some of us don't use "mobile devices" and don't plan to. Ever.

If catering to the "mobile device" crowd screws up the site for the rest of us, there may be a mass exodus from here.
71350SS, 69SHEVL and Kirk's67SS like this.

David

1966 Fremont 11A, SS396/L35 coupe - 1 of 66,843

MM/763; A01; A39; A51; D55; M35; N40; U14; U63

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in