Edit Policy Not Necessary - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelles.com Site Discussion Website questions, feedback, comments, suggestions.

43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 19, 5:16 PM Thread Starter
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage
Re: Edit Policy Not Necessary

Dean,
With all respect, a thirty minute time limit has zero to do with a post requiring editing. Again if absolutely no reason to edit a post beyond 30 minutes then NOBODY needs the power to do so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 19, 6:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

Why was the edit policy changed in the first place ? I really don't care one way or the other but I would really just like to know why was the edit policy changed at all ? It was like that (24hrs.) for many years. Is it an issue of economics or is it extra work for people ?

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 19, 7:14 PM
Tech Team

Garage

TC is special.

'69 Malibu

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 19, 7:38 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Randy

Extended editing would be helpful when technical data needs correction. Newbies (and us old heads too) search these threads for what we hope is accurate info. There have been times when I posted something that was incorrect or not described understandably, and the only way to fix it is type another post. No way to know if the guy searching for the info reads the corrected post.

Randy
TC # 5401
67 Project SS Clone

Owning a Chevelle project is like having a giant-size piggy bank that you keep pouring money into....but you can't get it back out.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 19, 7:41 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71350SS View Post
Why was the edit policy changed in the first place ? I really don't care one way or the other but I would really just like to know why was the edit policy changed at all ? It was like that (24hrs.) for many years. Is it an issue of economics or is it extra work for people ?
Actually the time limit stayed as Al set it (15 minutes) for many years, then someone asked for it to be changed and one of the AG administrators changed it.

Later we forum moderators and forum administrators found out it had been changed, had a discussion and had an AG administrator change it back to 30 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnugene View Post
Extended editing would be helpful when technical data needs correction. Newbies (and us old heads too) search these threads for what we hope is accurate info. There have been times when I posted something that was incorrect or not described understandably, and the only way to fix it is type another post. No way to know if the guy searching for the info reads the corrected post.
All anyone needs to do is post a correction or better yet a quote of what they posted that wasn't correct with a correction.
71350SS likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 19, 7:49 PM
Tech Team

Quote:

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! I've noticed something I typed was incorrect and needed to correct it well after 30 minutes numerous times. Call it careless, but it happens. I can't conceive of a reason to artificially tie someone's hands when it comes to correcting posts. A notification that the post was edited automatically appended to the bottom of the post should be more than sufficient.
blm, NickeyChevelle and Tophog like this.

'71 chevelle, 468, TH400, 12 bolt posi w/3.08's, drinks a lot of 87 octane.
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 19, 8:28 PM
Tech Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
All anyone needs to do is post a correction or better yet a quote of what they posted that wasn't correct with a correction.
So space isn't an issue then.

'69 Malibu
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 19, 8:35 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not2Fast View Post
So space isn't an issue then.
IF that's a question, the answer is NOPE
71350SS likes this.

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 19, 9:21 PM
Senior Tech Team
Claude

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
So how about listening to what the members of this site want.
Ha!… Good luck with that! If you want to correct a post on this st***d site, they want you to write another one instead of just correcting it!! …Go figure...
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Dean, just because the administration prefers to ignore the wishes of the membership doesn't make the issue a " dead horse" in the eyes of the members. Just makes one more issue that contributes to the downfall of this website.
"blm" you're right but don't try to argue or make a point here, you're losing your time… I know, it's useless.
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickeyChevelle View Post
Those of us who actively participate in TC and want to help others desire a change. AND A PRETTY SIMPLE ONE AT THAT!
Yeah… You're also right but the guys who run this site couldn't care less about we (the members) think…
and
Quote:
Extended editing would be helpful when technical data needs correction.
I know but they're too narrow minded to understand that and I think they don't even care…
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8440 View Post
I can't conceive of a reason to artificially tie someone's hands when it comes to correcting posts.
Neither do I …but just try to find a good reason to have to write another post instead of just correcting the errors in the initial one…

1971 Chevelle SS
1987 Buick Grand National 9.48 @ 142 mph
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 19, 10:48 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

So you non supporting members think that even non supporting members should have a say in this?

LOOK, I didn't make the rule, Al did, in fact I can't even change it. (even I wanted to do so.)
71350SS likes this.

post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 19, 12:21 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Randy

It's painfully clear there's no interest on the part of administrators in changing the edit policy, and this thread has gone off the rails. Let's be adults here and take a chill pill. We're better than this, guys.

Randy
TC # 5401
67 Project SS Clone

Owning a Chevelle project is like having a giant-size piggy bank that you keep pouring money into....but you can't get it back out.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 19, 1:23 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

Thanks for the explanation Dean.As far as the edit policy is concerned what are the edit policies of other auto related web sites ? in other words what is the norm for this type of auto related web site 's editing policy ?

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 19, 1:38 AM
Senior Tech Team
Eric

Quote:
So you non supporting members think that even non supporting members should have a say in this?

LOOK, I didn't make the rule, Al did, in fact I can't even change it. (even I wanted to do so.)
Whats a non supporting member. Do you mean us freeloaders? I believe the site makes most of its money from advertising every available inch within these walls of afternoon delight. We unpaying subscribers contribute information and possibly even some entertainment, if the site could survive on paying members only it would have done so. So don't play that card.

Most users ever online was 3,486, Jan 6th, 13 at 4:07 PM.

Face it, the active user list is declining.
Not2Fast likes this.

Your just jealous because you can't hear the voices!

1967 Olds Cutlass 468 BBC/T400
1963 Plymouth Fury 440/Torqueflite
2007 Ford Mustang GT (momma's car)
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 19, 5:00 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage

Quote:

Yeah, but Al sold out and walked away, and then a lot of other stuff changed afterwards, and not for the better. Why would that 15 minute limit still be enforced because that was Al's rule? I'm with those that say give it more time. Unfortunately, TC is so disconnected from it's ownership, that it'll never change. They could care less IMO. it's just about advertising $$$, not community.
Not2Fast likes this.

post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 19, 9:53 AM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcutlass View Post
Whats a non supporting member. Do you mean us freeloaders? I believe the site makes most of its money from advertising every available inch within these walls of afternoon delight. We unpaying subscribers contribute information and possibly even some entertainment, if the site could survive on paying members only it would have done so. So don't play that card.

Most users ever online was 3,486, Jan 6th, 13 at 4:07 PM.

Face it, the active user list is declining.
Yeah, facebook is taking over all the forums.

My apologies for sounding like I was talking about all non supporting members Eric. I was only thinking about one member when I wrote it.
wish I could go back an edit it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in