Vendors list - Chevelle Tech
Chevelles.com Site Discussion Website questions, feedback, comments, suggestions.

3Likes
  • 3 Post By 69SHEVL

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 19, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Casey

Garage
Question Vendors list

Hello all who may have an interest in this.

As a new member I have had the pleasure of asking and getting very quick responses to the questions while attending the site.
Many members with much more expertise and the like are on here and are quite helpful.
With that expertise and a vast wealth of knowledge I can't find a tab here on the site that will offer us newbies some insight to the vendors members use more frequently based on experienced members whom have already been down the path of buying parts and finding the quality venders versus the not so much quality venders.
Again based on the experienced members.
When it comes to interiors Legendary has been mentioned many times. I have never heard of them till joining here.
It was only when I asked the member directly what they use did I get the why and that was some of the best information I could have gleaned from the site thus far!

I did stop to read the terms of use and did not see anything that says I cannot name said vendors for advice on them.
That doesn't mean it wasn't there, so I will apologize if I post this and it is not the right or correct thing to do, IE mention a vendors name.

I have heard so many different venders names here that I never knew existed! I am sure there are more to come.

No one wants to buy the same part three times and make the same mistake others have made before us.
Budget is a huge drawback for some and an obstacle any rebuilder restorer will face. However even if I can't afford the quality parts I would like to know who has them.

I hear nothing about the Year one, Original Parts group, national Parts depot Etc.
Not wanting to say anything bad about these companies but I would like to know if these are vendors that members use and if not why?
If there are better one's more use, is there a list that members have made saying why the other venders they use are better? As in quality, made in USA, not outsourced, reliability, better selection, craftsmanship Etc.
Opinions about venders is good advice when money is short and time may be shorter.
Maybe it's here on the site and if so please point me in that direction, as I said I am new to this site and it has been a while since purchasing new materials.

With thanks

Casey

1968 Malibu sport coupe to go with
my Barbie wife of the same year!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 19, 12:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage
Re: Vendors list

NPD (National Parts Depot) has the best track record around here when in need of reproduction restoration parts and best service.

Original GM NOS or restored parts are sometimes difficult to find, usually more expensive, but fit and perform best.

Mike

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AACA Senior Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 19, 6:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to davewho1
Talking Re: Vendors list

NPD is excellent; as for Year One & OPGI, let's just say that they are quite 'proud' of their parts.

Nice catalogs, though.

David

1966 Fremont 11A, SS396/L35 coupe - 1 of 66,843

MM/763; A01; A39; A51; D55; M35; N40; U14; U63

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in