Community Software Update - Chevelle Tech
Chevelles.com Site Discussion Website questions, feedback, comments, suggestions.

7Likes
  • 7 Post By 69SHEVL

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 19, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Test

Garage
Community Software Update

Dear Community Members,
We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that chevelles.com will be migrated to our new platform on 8/23/2019. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!
If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.
We appreciate your support!
~ Community Support

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 19, 1:27 PM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage
Re: Community Software Update

I'm going out on a limb here and predicting massive issues, lost PMs, and most people will be upset with the changes. This just happened to another forum I am on, and it is totally different look and feel, all setup for phone viewing. And now it has been getting spammed with Chinese posts or something else Asian. I suspect "Facebook authentication" whatever that is.
I get security updates like forcing https and stuff like that, but what is changing, and why?

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 9:56 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Test

Garage

We want it to be more all inclusive for all devices. We won't be missing any content on the forum, and private messages but since we don't have access to private messages, we can't determine if something is missing.
What other forum are you in?

Lee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 10:25 AM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
We want it to be more all inclusive for all devices. We won't be missing any content on the forum, and private messages but since we don't have access to private messages, we can't determine if something is missing.
What other forum are you in?

Lee
Challengertalk, it is a "Verticalscope" forum. I haven't been on it long to really miss anything, but the look and feel is horrible. This site is SO much better. I seriously hope it stays remotely the same.

ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 11:44 AM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Hopefully the new software will allow returning to the last post previously read in a thread instead of always opening the tread at the beginning like it is now.

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD
1990 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

My Super Heros don't wear a cape...they wear Dog Tags!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 12:10 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Just in case..........

It was nice knowing everyone.

Mike

My

AACA Senior Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 12:23 PM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 1:10 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69SHEVL View Post
Just in case..........

It was nice knowing everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsCamino View Post
Just what I was going to say

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 3:26 PM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

Quote:
Hopefully the new software will allow returning to the last post previously read in a thread instead of always opening the tread at the beginning like it is now.
You can do that now, if you mean what I think you mean.
1 - Click on "New Posts"
2 - When the list of threads open up, with your middle mouse button/wheel, click on the Chevron thingy. That will open up the thread in a new tab at the point where you left off.
Attached Images

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 6:49 PM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Not when viewing this site in the "Classic" format.

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 6:59 PM
Senior Tech Team
Bruce

Location: White Bear Lake, a northeast suburb of St. Paul, MinneSNOWta
Garage

As Clyde Barrow said very shortly before his untimely death: "You can't fight city hall." This site move will happen "irregardless," eh?

Our You Tube Vids:

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 8:06 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Just what I was going to say

Mike

My

AACA Senior Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 8:32 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

Garage

Thank you. This board is one of my favorites..
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 9:46 AM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

Quote:
Not when viewing this site in the "Classic" format.
I'm using "Full" whatever that is, I think it looks and works OK, maybe try that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in