Edit Time Limit- Poll - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelles.com Site Discussion Website questions, feedback, comments, suggestions.

View Poll Results: What Do Site Users Want
Keep The 30 Minute Edit Limit 10 20.83%
Change The Edit Limit Back To 24 Hours 38 79.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 8:34 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

Re: Edit Time Limit- Poll

I'd like no limit on deleting..

Many times tempers flair up but people cool down and want to delete negative comments that made sense when they were hot but make no sense once they come to there senses.. lol..
blm likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 10:57 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
& Administrator

We do that frequently.
Hit the report Icon and tell us what you feel needs deletion.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 11:01 AM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro462 View Post
I'd like no limit on deleting..

Many times tempers flair up but people cool down and want to delete negative comments that made sense when they were hot but make no sense once they come to there senses.. lol..
"no I didn't say that"
BillsCamino likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dean; Jun 30th, 19 at 11:47 AM.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 12:25 PM
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
There is really no reason to change it since posters can always add a reply saying what ever they want even if it's a correction to a previous post.

Al made it the way it is to prevent someone from editing a post, making someone else look like a fool.

I say leave it alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Did any millennials even realize your comment was ignorant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
We do that frequently.
Hit the report Icon and tell us what you feel needs deletion.
Dean, Philip, Mike or anyone,

You know it wasnít always this way. In the early, early days there was no editing at all. Iíve read and heard Deanís response quoted above before which doesnít make enough sense to sustain the practice. If you want to avoid getting stung by a revised statement, thatís why you quote. Meanwhile the practice denies legitimate responses from being perfected.

It doesnít seem fair to deny people the ability to revise their post when theyíre out of line; and then have a mod or admin edit it. It does seem reasonable to give a little more time. So, Iím curious whatís the real reason is for the quick lockdown? It would appear that if you let someoneís words hang out, you allow them to hang themselves with the group eventually. Perhaps, thatís the reason or thereís a technical issue. I would think you guys would want less work than more.

I can live with what I write so it doesnít usually effect me. Hereís a tip: I usually Preview Post before I Submit Reply. The post always looks different to me in the preview. That lets you press a button without committing.

This is far and away the most civilized forum I visit. There is a spirit of belonging and caring that is worthy of protection among the faithful. However, thereís nothing more boorish than a new member trying to make a name for themselves quickly.
davewho1 and Kirk's67SS like this.

Mencken: ďThe whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.Ē
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 12:58 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Basically, I would just like to keep the site the way Al intended it.

If we want the Administrators to change anything, let's keep bugging them to fix all the things that no longer work.

post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 19, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Well many things on the site are not as Al intended. Think it is pretty clear from the poll what the site users would be happy with and I think that is something Al wanted.
Dean likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in