Edit Time Limit- Poll - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelles.com Site Discussion Website questions, feedback, comments, suggestions.

View Poll Results: What Do Site Users Want
Keep The 30 Minute Edit Limit 10 20.83%
Change The Edit Limit Back To 24 Hours 38 79.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 19, 10:26 PM
Tech Team
Rame

Garage
Re: Edit Time Limit- Poll

Kind of strange, we don't like change but we seem to deviate from the old ways when something is better or a change is needed. Kind of like running these old cars on the road, the gas is different, the oil is different, but we apply changes and fixes to fit the needs of today, and often times even make them better than they used to be. I'm not saying this site needs to change, frankly I like you guys, and you all offer very helpful info.
davewho1 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 19, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
If anyone wants to edit a post, just let one of us Mods know and we can do it for you.
Dean,
With all respect I know that I and probably most users are.perfectly capable of editing their own posts if given the opportunity. I dont need or want someone else editing my.posts
Tarheel Chevelle likes this.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 19, 10:42 PM
Tech Team
Rame

Garage

I like this website. There's a lot of smart people and good information that can't be found elsewhere. I don't want to see it go down because of bad design or poor user interface.

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 19, 5:39 AM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

I didn't click a vote, because I feel it should be somewhere in between. I had reading back a post I made and seeing something stupid that I typed, and not being able to correct it. But I usually see it when I next check back on the site. I typically check several times a day, so 24 hours isn't needed, but 30 minutes isn't enough. 4,6,8, hours, something like that. But at minimum 2 hours, time to make a mistake, and someone notice it and let you know. But really, eh, just post a correction, if info is wrong, and as long as I'm not the worst typist on the site, I really don't care.

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 19, 6:51 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Simple, think and proof read before hitting submit ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer4x4 View Post
I didn't click a vote, because I feel it should be somewhere in between. I had reading back a post I made and seeing something stupid that I typed, and not being able to correct it. But I usually see it when I next check back on the site. I typically check several times a day, so 24 hours isn't needed, but 30 minutes isn't enough. 4,6,8, hours, something like that. But at minimum 2 hours, time to make a mistake, and someone notice it and let you know. But really, eh, just post a correction, if info is wrong, and as long as I'm not the worst typist on the site, I really don't care.
People around here let you know pretty quick when you make a mistake.

Makes for good theater and interesting debate.

Just look at that thread about which year Chevelle is the best looking.

Everybody who said anything other than 69 is wrong.
Dean and shovelrick like this.

Mike

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AACA Senior Grand National
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 19, 2:59 PM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69SHEVL View Post

Just look at that thread about which year Chevelle is the best looking.

Everybody who said anything other than 67 is wrong.
I totally agree.

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 19, 4:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
If anyone wants to edit a post, just let one of us Mods know and we can do it for you.
Something strange happened in post #21

Mike

My

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

MCACN Gold
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 19, 4:28 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 19, 5:10 PM Thread Starter
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Something strange happened with the poll. Couple hours ago it was a 4 to 1 in favor of changing it. Suddenly 20 more people have voted against it in a couple hours and it is almost tied? That's hard to believe when only 6 voted against in a 24 hour period and not a single one of those no votes posted in the thread?
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 19, 5:12 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Something strange happened with the poll. Couple hours ago it was a 4 to 1 in favor of changing it. Suddenly 20 more people have voted against it in a couple hours and it is almost tied? That's hard to believe.
Something that can happen if you have the power to edit.
davewho1 and 69SHEVL like this.

post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 19, 5:17 PM Thread Starter
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Dean,
You are being naughty. Funny but naughty.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 19, 7:37 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

How about a poll to have no more polls?
hydro462 likes this.

Mike

My

MCACN Gold
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 19, 11:32 AM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

But I like poles....

shovelrick likes this.

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD
1990 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

My Super Heros don't wear a cape...they wear Dog Tags!!
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 19, 11:59 AM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

And pole dancers

post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 19, 1:39 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
And pole dancers
The correct term is pole technician, not sure if that refers to the tall pole or the short one
Dean and shovelrick like this.

Team Chevelle Gold Founding Member #42

L29 454, 4L80E, 12 bolt posi 3.31, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
63 Nova wagon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in