emoticons? - Chevelle Tech
Chevelles.com Site Discussion Website questions, feedback, comments, suggestions.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 19, 9:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
David

emoticons?

How does one add emoticons in my postings? I know I can type out the words with semi-colons, but isn't there a easy way?
What am I not seeing?

66 Malibu......on it's way back to life as a BB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 19, 9:42 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage
Re: emoticons?

Emoticons don't work here, we have smileys https://www.chevelles.com/forums/mis...=vB_Editor_001

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 19, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
David

How do I get to this smiley list to pick from while I'm replying, or do you have to type the text to get the smiley ?

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 19, 12:28 AM
Senior Tech Team
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIDER SS View Post
How do I get to this smiley list to pick from while I'm replying, or do you have to type the text to get the smiley ?
click on ''quote'' to reply to a message
the smilies will show on right side of the text area of the message
the you click on one of them

the smiles will go next to the curser in the message

68-Malibu 427bbc/t4oo/3.73-12bolt/pro charger f1-r
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 19, 8:46 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
David

Ok, I must be missing some setting somewhere because I don't see smileys on the right side of my screen when typing.

I'm using MS Edge, and on this site I am in "full" mode instead of "classic" mode (classic didn't show me any smileys either)

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 19, 9:56 AM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Here's what my screen looks like when typing a reply in Full mode.
There are 16 smileys on the right with a link to the "more page"

Using Google Chrome
davewho1 likes this.

Last edited by Dean; Apr 28th, 19 at 11:32 AM.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 19, 10:00 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
& Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIDER SS View Post
Ok, I must be missing some setting somewhere because I don't see smileys on the right side of my screen when typing.

I'm using MS Edge, and on this site I am in "full" mode instead of "classic" mode (classic didn't show me any smileys either)

Try "reply" not "quick reply"
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 19, 10:43 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

Beneath the Quick Reply box where you enter your text, you will see a button that says 'Go Advanced'. Click on it and the smiley box will appear.

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 19, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
David

Cool Re: emoticons?

I almost never click "quick reply", as I like the advanced text option so I can proofread my comments before posting.

At the bottom of my screen I have a display of 14 smileys under the heading of "Post Icons", and I believe they just add an icon to my post, but not in the text.

Ok - here is a test submission. I'm going to try adding the "cool" choice

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 19, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
David

I was correct, as it added the icon to my post and not in the text. And I'm running Windows 10 if that matters

What the heck?

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 19, 11:44 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

If you are in the advanced posting mode, there is another smiley face located just above the text box where you change the font, etc. Click on it and see if you can add one.

I clicked on smileys in both places and it appears to post them into the text box.

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 19, 12:14 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage
Lightbulb Re: emoticons?

I think that's what he just did

nope, guess not

I learned something there myself

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 19, 2:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakkoWarner View Post
If you are in the advanced posting mode, there is another smiley face located just above the text box where you change the font, etc.
Nope, I do not have any other smiley face on my posting screen, no matter how far I scroll up or down.
This should be so simple to see someplace where I could pick smileys to insert into my text - but I do not have that on my screen. I easily see how to do this on other websites I visit, but nothing shows up on this website

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 19, 2:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

Which web browser are you using?? In Firefox, I have access to all of it.

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 19, 6:45 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

You don't have the row of stuff above the reply box?

Last edited by Dean; Jun 17th, 19 at 2:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in