67 Beaumont convert - Chevelle Tech
Beaumonts & Canadian Built

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 13, 2:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Bryan

67 Beaumont convert

Missed out on a 67 Beaumont convertible that came up for sale last week in my neck of the woods and I have been kicking myself black and blue for a week.These cars do not come up very often here and when they do they are gone instantly,so pissed right now,sorry just wanted to vent

Cdn built 66 chevelle 350/350.A51.Cdn built 68 chevelle project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 13, 5:01 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

Re: 67 Beaumont convert

408 Beaumont Custom convertibles with V8 power for '67, plus an even 100 base Beaumont V8 convertibles, plus 66 SD396 convertibles. I don't have the 6-cylinder production, but not many built. Throw in winter driving in the rust belt and a bunch of decades, the rare sightings make sense.

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TC Gold #120

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 13, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
408 Beaumont Custom convertibles with V8 power for '67, plus an even 100 base Beaumont V8 convertibles, plus 66 SD396 convertibles. I don't have the 6-cylinder production, but not many built. Throw in winter driving in the rust belt and a bunch of decades, the rare sightings make sense.
OK Cam now seeing your #s report I'm incredibly pissed,and to boot the car was only an hour away from me.GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 13, 1:56 AM
Tech Team
geoff

In the past year there have been a few '66's come out of the woodworks. I know of two very nice models for sale in Vancouver, and one in Edmonton. Not inexpensive, but very nice. (I still have my '66 SD rag with it's original 327 PG that I picked up 30 years ago. They do grow on you LOL.)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 13, 4:33 PM
Senior Tech Team

Baron, what was the car you said had sold? Where outside of winnipeg? What colour? Condition was the car?

ak
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 13, 1:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak 67SD View Post
Baron, what was the car you said had sold? Where outside of winnipeg? What colour? Condition was the car?

ak
The car that sold was a 67 Beaumont convert red in color,never got to see the car but owner said something about a bad frame,untouched interior.I think the car was in Morris MB.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 13, 9:47 PM
Kevin

I saw pics of that car. It appeared to be pretty rough.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 13, 8:28 AM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post

My twin brother and I scrapped several "A-bodies" two decades ago (that were way too far gone)...even poor parts cars, some having rotted frames that one could not even tow (down the road) - we did scrap a "plain Jane" 6cyl. BEAU conv. / Ontario roads, had lots of winter road salt...rust cancer was real bad, without oil spray undercoating (my vehicles got it every fall, from the mid 1970's).

I parted out several rotted out Chevelle/Beaumont's back then and saved all the good stuff, by packing parts around a one owner 1965 Chevelle S/S, dry stored since 1980.
(I later purchased the '65 hardtop, 10 years ago.)
- stored stuff on the dry top floor of a rented barn, parts 4 feet deep and 4 feet high around 3 sides of an original '65 hardtop

Now you got me thinking, but I believe our junked base Beau convertible, did not yield much.
It was one of the worst "swiss cheeze" rust buckets I ever saw...probably parked on grass, for many years.

FYI
- total Chevelle production was approx. 33x more vehicles, compared to the Beaumont...in the years they were made (comparing apples 2 apples)
- even the 1966 S/S Chevelle production of one model option, equaled approx. all the Beaumont's ever made, in 6 model years (from 1964-1969...2 & 4 door, wagons & conv.) in all body styles

Baron - good luck on your next Beaumont find...takes time, these cars are extremely rare today.

Last edited by Beaumont67SD; Apr 16th, 13 at 9:17 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 13, 10:52 PM
Tech Team

FYI Baron...1967 Beaumont, 4 speed ragtop in BC Canada - project car: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...724673780.html
- One is a two door hard top, most of the metal work is done, no filler or primer.
- The other one is a convertible. The convertible is a factory four speed car one of 26 built ,( GM documented) comes with number matching motor, this car is in pieces. lots of new stuff for both cars. Im not in a hurry to sell , im not sure if i want to sell so dont bother me with lowball offers.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 13, 4:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67SD View Post
FYI Baron...1967 Beaumont, 4 speed ragtop in BC Canada - project car: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...724673780.html
- One is a two door hard top, most of the metal work is done, no filler or primer.
- The other one is a convertible. The convertible is a factory four speed car one of 26 built ,( GM documented) comes with number matching motor, this car is in pieces. lots of new stuff for both cars. Im not in a hurry to sell , im not sure if i want to sell so dont bother me with lowball offers.
Thanks for the link I sent them an email with some questions so we'll see,probably wants a fortune.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 13, 5:50 PM
Tech Team
Paul

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ383227526

^^ 66 Vert in Edmonton...

Look threw kijiji province by province...At least 3 67's for sale in alberta right now.

454/T400/9" in a 67 Beaumont
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 13, 9:14 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Bryan

WO WO WO 35K A little too much ching for me.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 13, 8:29 PM
Tech Team

with the correct beather installed, $35000 is a fair price. however, in these economical/financial time, it will take awhile to sell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2532 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.