my canadian 67 build - Chevelle Tech
Beaumonts & Canadian Built

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old May 21st, 10, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
tony

my canadian 67 build

ok so this project has been goin on for 2 years and figuerd id thro a post up about it. through out this project iv been through 4 girl friends my savings + more but i will not give up on this car
when i was 13 my mother bought a 1967 Chevelle Malibu for my step father. unfortunately they bought it at night not knowing the extent of rust and rot. but when i got my lic. she gave the car to me. at that point it was a 327 out of a 67 Camaro(researched the numbers.) attached to the original powerglide. it leaked from everywhere haha. it had non power drum breaks all the way around. and non power stearing. for my senior project in school i decided to rebuild the engine and upgrade the breaks. as a present my father gave me a turbo 400 with a shift kit he had laying in his garage. after that i dropped some summmit (garbage) long tube headers. with a pypes X exhaust. i am in the middle of repairing some holes in the floor. putting in a b&m gate shifter. and checking the timing on the engine and adjusting valves. so i will keep this up dated. any questions or sugestions r open. thanks for lookings. i have most of my pics on photobucket so heres the link http://s872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/slacker67/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old May 21st, 10, 8:36 PM
Tech Team
Chad

Re: my canadian 67 build

looks good, It makes so much of a differance to me to have a body colored firewall and trunk,...ie Canadian car

'67 Beau Wagon, in restoration..
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old May 21st, 10, 8:50 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
tony

ha wow uk i never even noticed that about it untill u pointed that out.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old May 21st, 10, 10:12 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

On the Canadian '67s, red interior was only offered with bucket seats. I'm guessing your trim tag says paint 9 RR, TP 27, trim 750; on the bottom line it says A51 M35 C08.

A column shifter Powerglide with buckets, probably built after November 21, 1966.

The car looks like a nice project and it seems to be coming along nicely. Good luck and thanks for posting.

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TC Gold #120

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 10, 8:25 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
tony

my paint is 9RA and trim is 750. i posted a pic of the trim tag up on photo bucket. today for anyone who wants to see.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old May 25th, 10, 8:46 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
tony

ok so got a couple things done tonight. the gas line split the other day. so i droped the tank today and took out the line. im gona welled in the tire mount tmw in the trunk wile the tank its out. and finish up the floor hopfully befor i do the line. but it seems every time i go to order the line i run into a question. im gona order 3/8 line stainless steal. but i was wondering if they sell the braided line for fuel lines. anyone ever use it? where would i be able to order it. updated pics are here http://s872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/slacker67/
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old May 27th, 10, 5:22 PM
Tech Team
Rainer

Interesting car, like the black vinyl roof. I too have a 67 Malibu (Canadian) doing a similar (frame on) restoration with all the familiar rust areas. My trunk, lower quarters, around the rear windows, couple of frame mounts, front fenders (have new ones to replace) and the front lower body by the firewall/front fender mount. Thank goodness my floors are all solid. I've spent countless hours cutting, fabricating and welding in new metal, the car is now about 98% rust free! It's a long road so don't be discouraged, my previous Chevelle (66 convert) came off the frame many many years ago and is still in pieces. When I found my 67 (all original down to the hubcaps) I didn't want to take another one off the frame. I chose to fix it up, drive it, fix a little more etc. Then 8 years went by before I turned the key again. Good to see your car on the road, we'll all be there someday!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old May 27th, 10, 5:30 PM
Tech Team
Rainer

Looking at your pictures with the gas tank held up with the chain reminded me of a story...a friend of mine was driving his 66 Beaumont Convertible down the I-5 near Seattle when his gas tank literally fell out onto the freeway! He got it towed and they chained it up through what was left of the trunk. Not much of a mechanic he is probably still driving around with it chained up!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old May 28th, 10, 12:42 AM
Tech Team
Paul

Looks good guy!! Like the rim/tire combo...arnt rusty old cars fun...

454/T400/9" in a 67 Beaumont
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old May 28th, 10, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
tony

thanks guys! and rusty cars are the best. whats a nice cut with out alil rusty metal in it. and while im here might as well update alil. i got my new braided fuel line in today and will be getin my rear wheel cylinders this weekend hopefully. but between finals work and moving into the new shop i might not get to much down this week but i promise pics as soon as i can get some up
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old May 28th, 10, 6:07 PM
Tech Team
Steve

It's great to see more Beaumonts being saved from doom, and rebuilt.
Nice project. Be sure to keep us up to date.

67' Beaumont - "the driving project"
06' Subaru STi - "the fast car"
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old May 31st, 10, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
tony

ok so small update. sry no pics yet. but i got the new break line in and got my wheel cylinders. have to put those in. but i am getin my new compressor today! so its back to big work on it soon! have pics by weekend
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 10, 4:11 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
tony

ok so ik its long over do but here is alil update. i finaly got my new compressor working so i got back to my project. i welded up a mounting plate to get my b&m shifter in. also finished up welding the exhaust and tacked in the plate for the spair tire mount. but i dont have the rest of the mount so i have to figuer that out to. i posted some pics up on my photobucked cuz idk how to get them on here. tmw i have to get the gas tank back in and the exhaust mounted back on. and have to finish putin in the wheel cylinders. if you look at the pics the reason the trunk is 3 differend colors is cuz i was testin to see where i was gona go with it. i decided to go with a truck bed coating then gona paint red over it. more tmw guys.

http://s872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/slacker67/
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 11, 5:25 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
tony

its been a long time since i posted here. so ill try and catch ya up to speed. i am working on my front clip this winter. i got a front clip last year from a barnfind (not a whole car just clip) needed patch panels on both fenders. i ordered from year one and am working on them now. and well ill let the pics explain the rest. hope you enjoy.

passenger fender

replacement fender on.

new tire size 275/40/r17

fender with coat of black spray paint so not to rust

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 11, 11:19 PM
Gold Member
Gene

Nice firewall. ( I love the cdn body paint) The rubber is going to look really good!

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 3322 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.