Beaumonts & Canadian Built

54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 09, 12:44 AM
Senior Tech Team

Re: Is it a Pontiac or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
If there labelled Pontiac anywhere in the world then they are Pontiac. Two different companies dont make the same car...

If you want to relabel your Beaumont to Chevy then I'll relabel my clone as a real SS...

Pontiac made it, Pontiac Titled it, Pontiac made the documents. Pontiac book, pontiac parts.

Pontiac.

Thats sort my point... pontiac didnt make it and didnt title it. there's no documentation from the period that says its a pontiac. It doesnt have to be re-labeled in the first place. Kinda like going up to a gmc truck and calling it a pontiac or buick truck since they are sold at GM-Pontiac-Buick dealers.
GLHS60 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 09, 7:16 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

There is docs...

Look above.

There was NO car made called the PONTIAC.

The pictures posted above are just one example. To me the manual means, Pontiac Beaumont manual.

The picture of the dash could be proof as well.

PROVE that it isnt. Theres more proof of what it is...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New oil is cheaper than new parts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 09, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Terry

Quote:
There is docs...

Look above.

There was NO car made called the PONTIAC.

The pictures posted above are just one example. To me the manual means, Pontiac Beaumont manual.

The picture of the dash could be proof as well.

PROVE that it isnt. Theres more proof of what it is...
Not Really Shane. I believe that chassis manual says, Pontiac, Acadian, Beaumont , in the same way my 1968 chassis manual says Chevrolet, Chevelle, Camaro, Chevy 2, and Corvette

Terry

ACES # 5021
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

post #34 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 09, 2:46 PM
Tech Team
Chris

The answer to the original question is "Who cares?" A Beaumont is a unique Canadian muscle car with better styling than a chevelle, but then I am kind of biased. I used to think it was a Pontiac too, until I started researching it.

1969 Beaumont

1977 Bronco

The rest are boring responsible adult vehicles not worth mentioning.
post #35 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 09, 3:02 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jake

Face it, the Beaumonts/Acadians are the GM bastard stepchildren. SD like a Pontiac, instead of Chevy's SS models, but with chevy engines? That isn't a Pontiac OR Chevy, it is a GM mix-breed.

1972 Malibu Sport Coupe - Victory Red on Black - 350/TH350

I do all my own stunts.
post #36 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 09, 3:22 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcice View Post
Not Really Shane. I believe that chassis manual says, Pontiac, Acadian, Beaumont , in the same way my 1968 chassis manual says Chevrolet, Chevelle, Camaro, Chevy 2, and Corvette
Terry,

I think your manual is saying Chevrolet, Chevelle Camaro Chevy 2 and Corvette...and to top it all off they are ALL CHEVY's.

Meaning what company followed by what model. All car manuals are like that so the person looking at the manual know exactly what it is.

Chevrolet shows possesion followed by what is possessed... you just backed up my argument.

You cant win when noone will accept the simple little things about it...

The arguement really has no end...

there are those who take facts to what they want them to mean and then others who take the same facts to what they want them to mean...

All the cars made are from GM. It doesnt really matter what SUBcompany made them. They are all GM...

post #37 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 09, 10:15 PM
Team Member
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
Face it, the Beaumonts/Acadians are the GM bastard stepchildren. SD like a Pontiac, instead of Chevy's SS models, but with chevy engines? That isn't a Pontiac OR Chevy, it is a GM mix-breed.
All Canadian built Pontiacs had Chevy engines and chassis. Canadian Pontiac models were named differently from the US models. In the sixties the full size Canadian Pontiacs were Strato chief, Laurentian and Parisienne. In the US they were Catalina Ventura and Bonneville.
post #38 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 09, 10:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

What are the Beaumont Acadian owners trying to accomplish with figuring out who is the creator?

What are the reasons for the cars being Pont?
What are the reasons for the cars being not Pont?
Do you want them to be Chevy?

What are the reasons for this disagreement?

post #39 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 09, 11:06 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

What an argument....I've read all the posts and this is what I've come up with, a Beaumont is:

Everything and nothing at the same time. I think it should be called a GM Beaumont

1967 Chevelle Custom
SBC 383
Gear Vendors Overdrive
Jerico DR-4
S60, True Trac, 3.54 gears

post #40 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 09, 6:11 PM
Team Member
Paul

Question Re: Is it a Pontiac or not?

Quote:
What are the Beaumont Acadian owners trying to accomplish with figuring out who is the creator?

What are the reasons for the cars being Pont?
What are the reasons for the cars being not Pont?
Do you want them to be Chevy?

What are the reasons for this disagreement?
This is the whole topic of this thread. Acadians and Beaumonts were built in Canada because in the sixties the big three had to have some cars built in Canada to satisfy the government. GM Canada used existing tooling to create a midsize car for the Canadian market. It was a hodge podge of parts. Basically a Chevy body with the interior from a Pontiac and Chevy drive train. The exterior trim was made specifically for these cars and hard to find now. These cars have a specific VIN number, I think the first digit is seven or eight (I think it depends on the year and series) that was not used by any other GM division. This is where the origin questions start. Generally these cars were sold by Pontiac dealers but from this thread I have learned that there were also specific Acadian Beaumont dealers also in some parts of Canada. I grew up when these cars were new and always considered them Pontiacs, I have also owned a couple. Both my cars were titled as Pontiacs, but they were both sold new by Pontiac dealers. I wonder if an Acadian dealer sold the car new, if it would have been titled Acadian?
Paul
post #41 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 09, 10:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

thanks !

post #42 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 09, 2:16 PM
Tech Team
tommy

when asked, i state ; it's a g.m - beauvelle- iac .

post #43 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 09, 2:40 PM
Senior Tech Team
Bryan

Sooooo.

Is the Alstate a Sears or a Crosly??????

Bryan's toyz

59 ElCamino 454/TKO 5spd--(daddy)
66 ElCamino 3oh7/TKO 5spd (mousey) Almost done
On the street now!!!

65 Ranchero v8/4-spd, that my uncle bought new
post #44 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 09, 10:12 PM

When I looked at the photos of the dash 'moniker' at the beginning of this thread, the first think that struck me is,,,
That emblem looks for all the world like the typical low profile plastic emblems of the eighties. The kind that are applied with two-sided tape.
The texture of the letters and the font just smack of something you would see on an early eighties Phoenix or something.

I'm not at all convinced it wasn't put there by someone with thoughtfull craftmanship, after the car's tenth birthday.

My 2 cents
post #45 of 313 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 09, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Indian View Post
When I looked at the photos of the dash 'moniker' at the beginning of this thread, the first think that struck me is,,,
That emblem looks for all the world like the typical low profile plastic emblems of the eighties. The kind that are applied with two-sided tape.
The texture of the letters and the font just smack of something you would see on an early eighties Phoenix or something.

I'm not at all convinced it wasn't put there by someone with thoughtfull craftmanship, after the car's tenth birthday.

My 2 cents
Tom, I took those pictures and I can assure you it is embossed into the dash as I said. It is not a " sticky tape" kind of thing as you suggest! Don't you ever accuse me of ever being dishonest!

Terry

ACES # 5021
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1161 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.