67' Beaumont project - Page 5 - Chevelle Tech
Beaumonts & Canadian Built

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 10, 4:37 PM
Tech Team
Paul

Re: 67' Beaumont project

Nope mines quiet...that would drive me nuts.

Thing i didnt like about my factory one was the size(and mine was in horrible shape) But I wasnt going for a stock interior anyway...

454/T400/9" in a 67 Beaumont
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 11, 3:45 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Steve

It's been a while since I've updated this, and a lot has changed.

I now have a crate 350HO in place of the old 283. I also got around to installing all the suspension and brakes. Due to the move, I lost a lot of time to sew some things up, so I sent it off the Concept Musclecars out here in Surrey where it's undergoing some final changes.

Anyway, not the best pic, but here you see the SCC uppers and lowers, the Baers, and some other bits. The line lock and new Master are in transit.

For the rear, I have an Eaton that just arrived along with some fresh axles. The rear disc conversion was supposed to happen at the same time, but I'm having a hell of a time getting anything out of Baer. No worries though, as the rear will be done soon.

So as of June 30, 2011 here is how she looks.

Coming along nicely, although without some adversity along the way.
It will all be better when I light up the tires for the first time.

67' Beaumont - "the driving project"
06' Subaru STi - "the fast car"
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 11, 9:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Andy

That thing is going to be a blast to drive.

Couple of junkers and a few clunkers.

post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 11, 4:38 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Steve

It should be fun.

I can't wait to spend a couple of hours with her just dialing in all the bits, and giving her the most thorough detail she has seen since 1981.

I was able to order the rear Baer kit. Problem is, they don't offer the PBR caliper kit anymore, and there are only a few of these left in the world. I paid a pretty penny for them too, but all in the name of matching performance, and matching brakes.

post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 11, 7:36 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypa View Post
It should be fun.

I can't wait to spend a couple of hours with her just dialing in all the bits, and giving her the most thorough detail she has seen since 1981.

I was able to order the rear Baer kit. Problem is, they don't offer the PBR caliper kit anymore, and there are only a few of these left in the world. I paid a pretty penny for them too, but all in the name of matching performance, and matching brakes.
Never been a small block guy (went straight from Pontiacs to BBC), but those 350 HOs truly impress me after the dozen or so that I installed. Just a really long flat torque curve which most SBs don't have.

Have a blast my friend, you will be pleasently impresses with that engine.

Couple of junkers and a few clunkers.
post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 11, 2:21 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Steve

The car feels great Andy, I'm impressed with the power and low end. I can spin tires all day long now!

Some new updates since last time around.....

350HO is in and running. 270hp/290lbs at the wheels, on a heart breaker dyno. We were short fuel after I chose to run the Edelbrock carb over the Holley. There is more power in there once that's changed out.

Here's a youtube video of the dyno run.

http://youtu.be/YpdGGjXaGGk

The Wilwood master with line lock is a lot of fun. The braking is so much better now, and can only get better again once the rears are on. That's next month's project.

My little spoiler by Randy. I think it makes the front end look more refined.

And this my friends, is the aftermath of a dyno run, and new line lock.

post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 11, 12:29 AM
Senior Tech Team
Vince

that looks awesome, really like how you have kept the cars lines looking better than stock

68-Malibu 427bbc/t4oo/3.73-12bolt/pro charger f1-r
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 11, 10:28 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mark

Hi Steve, Nice Beau,just wanted to know where you got the chrome filler panel between radsuppot and grill looks great thanx Mark

ss sd conv. 66elbeaumoto 67chevelle malibu
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 11, 4:16 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Steve

thanks all!
I tried some LED lighting this past week, and it didn't work out too well. Tails are back to Halogen, while I figure out what kind of relay and resistor to use.

Mark, I snagged those pieces from http://www.undercoverinnovations.com/
They have a lot of different designs and options for those.

post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old May 8th, 12, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Steve

Just a quick update since it's been such a long winter.

Just had the car dyno'd with the Holley carb, in the hopes it would help to tune out the throttle tip-in bog that I was experiencing. It helped, although didn't solve the problem completely.

Still, it made good power overall for a relatively stock 350HO crate motor.

2011 dyno with the Edelbrock carb

2012 dyno with the Holley carb

2011 dyno

2012 dyno

C H A I N S !!

post #71 of 73 (permalink) Old May 28th, 12, 7:52 AM
Banned

So here's a '67 Beaumont that my girlfriend's dad picked up last spring. Me, him, and my girlfriend's brother are goona be working on it over winter/spring to get it ready for summer! It's in pretty good shape considering the year.. no real rust to speak of, just a few previous painting flaws. 4,000km on rebuilt engine (but still taking it apart and cleaning it out) It has a cam in it, Dynomax performance ehaders are going on to true dual exhaust setup.
post #72 of 73 (permalink) Old May 29th, 12, 5:32 AM
Banned

I'm still surprised on the comments on car prices. Around here (lower mainland BC), you can't get a car painted for under $15k and that's far from a frame off job. So are you guys figuring the car without the paint job, drive train etc, is not worth a nickle?
If you think it's 10-15k too high, that's what your basically saying. I'm building two cars right now, and doing almost everything myself, and I'm in the industry, and I'll tell you, $25k doesn't go far these days. I know a couple other guys on this site building right now, and I know they are in deeper than me. Are you guys building? or haven't built for many years? Just wondering if we're missing something.
Just sayin....not criticizing.

that's kind of what i was alluding too! You shouldn't be surprised if you have also been tracking selling prices over the past few years, not just build prices. I have built my own car, but it was a long time ago, and i started with a solid vechicle (my car cost about $10k including original purchase price, but i shop well! and it was a looonng time ago! I could have bought a turnkey 67ss396 for $9k at the time). It just makes selling a partial project a money losing proposition, and selling a complete car an even more money losing proposition, the math doesnt add up... but who cares? it's a hobby not a business for most. Some can make a few $$ flipping, but not in restoring... the last thing i worry about is the money i spend on my hobbies over the years!

My comments however are based on real world selling prices for 67 convertibles in the past few years (not on BJ dreams!). There are rough ones at $6k, solid 'rough' at $10k, but then the green fully restored SD clone sold for around $26k at the peak of the market, and was re-listed more recently at around $28k. There are 2 yellow ones that are complete and driveable that can be bought for $18k and the other $22k (bbc)

So would you pay $25k for this one? That number probably represents everything he might have into it at the moment...the market will decide real value, not asking prices or speculation. You can see how much is still left to do... it's 'unfortunate' math... and the downside is that its the body that is done, so you have to put a lot of trust in what that persons work is like... is the work well documented? and what is missing on this car? is there an interior?
post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old May 30th, 12, 8:27 PM
Senior Tech Team

Not sure what context you are taking the quote from, but it's mine... the prices i'm quoting of '67 beaumonts are convertibles that were close to the mainland and were selling prices the past couple of years.... so yes, all things considered if you are spending $15k to paint a 67 hardtop you will be lucky to get half of you money back at selling time.

So what cars are you building? and you'll be into them for $25k doing all the work yourself?...what do you think a realistic selling price would be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2862 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.