67 Beaumont speedo for 67 Chevelle? - Chevelle Tech
Beaumonts & Canadian Built

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 08, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Scott

67 Beaumont speedo for 67 Chevelle?

Does a 67 Beaumont have a KPH speedo? I'd love to adapt one over to MPH for my 67 Chevelle to have more than 120 MPH capability.

I'm hoping it's a direct bolt-in swap and would be easy, but I've never looked into it. Can any of you 67 Beaumont owners educate me on this?

I'll be adapting an adjustable Cable-X box to the speedo from an electronic signal trans (T56), so I can adjust the calibration to make it accurate - I'd just love to have the higher numbers on the top end of the speedo...the car is capable of more than 120, and I'd like to keep an eye on it.

Thanks in advance!

~Scotch~

See my Pro Touring '67 Chevelle Wagon at:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Winner- 2011 Car Craft "Real Street Eliminator" competition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 08, 11:55 AM
Team Member
Jerry

Re: 67 Beaumont speedo for 67 Chevelle?

Beaumonts were way before we switched to the metric system here. Everything in MPH

Jerry
65 Beaumont
L96 6 Liter
Straub hyd. roller
Tremec 5 speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 08, 1:23 PM
Senior Tech Team

it is only a 120mph speedo, but it is completely different than the chevelle, it is the same as a 64+ gto...4 round guages in the dash...

ak

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 08, 4:27 PM
Gold Founding Member
Dale

As noted, the Beaumont dash is totally different than a Chevelle and more in common with the Lemans/GTO. What you might try to find is a 66 or 67 speedo in KPH used in an exported Chevelle; might be a tough search though. Even though it's range is 0-200 it's in KPH and not MPH and I doubt even a converter would convert your output speed to read correctly.

If you really plan on going that fast I'd seriously consider a more accurate aftermarket unit like Autometer to accurately gauge the speed.

TC Gold #92 ~ August 1998

* Build Sheet Data Collection
* Author:

Last edited by DaleM; Oct 7th, 08 at 12:52 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 08, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Scott

I'd be working with AutoMeter to make it all work right.

The export speedo is what I was dreaming of.

Thanks for the info on this though! I appreciate the education.

Where might one begin to look for an export speedo? Wow.

~Scotch~

See my Pro Touring '67 Chevelle Wagon at:

Winner- 2011 Car Craft "Real Street Eliminator" competition
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 08, 2:31 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom Lloyd

Garage

I have one for a 67. Has the high beam light.

I will trade for a 66, like in Dale's photo. Since I am in Canada and we use Metric, I would like to do it. not many would notice, and I coud give the nice BS story about the rare 200 MPH chevelle option. 1 of 1, of course.

Although it looks like it is just the clear lens that is printed differently, the graduations on the actual speedo bezel are different too. Export Chevelles are the only source.

Tom Lloyd

take my advice, I'm not using it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 08, 4:38 PM
Team Member
laurent

Hi, I got a 67 here in France with KPH speedo, only lens is different from yours, but I agree with Dale about the accuracy.

Laurent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00019.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	15056  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 4332 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.