Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinls5 View Post
You get my thoughts!------
Strangely enough...yes I do!

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD
1990 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Super Heros don't wear a cape...they wear Dog Tags!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 94 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 07, 6:52 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member
Dale

Re: Monte Carlo vs. Beaumont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
They're all welcome here

As for ACES, (if that's what you mean) the general membership pretty much voted down the inclusion of anything besides 64-72 Chevelles.

no impalas
no buicks
no Mac trucks
no Mopars
no faststangs
nuttin
...and Beaumonts.

TC Gold #92 ~ August 1998
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Build Sheet Data Collection
* Author:

post #33 of 94 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 07, 8:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I think the Monte Carlos are good looking cars, but the long front end makes them drive like they're sniffing the road!!!

I bought one new in 72, kept it about 6 months and traded it for my first SS454 elky.

The Montes do make great Chevelle parts cars though!!!

ACES member# 5093
Elcaminos are special!
I'd rather walk around with a Chevrolet hubcap in my hand than drive a Ford

Now livin large with a new owner in Texas

post #34 of 94 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 07, 8:31 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

To continue this silly thread. Someone said "El Caminos and Wagons are Chevelles". If this is true, I have two questions # 1 Why do 1970 El Caminos and Wagons have an EMBLEM in the grill that says "CHEVROLET" and a 1970 2Dr. Hdt. With a Z-15--Z-25 Pkg. has a "CHEVELLE" emblem in the grill?
# 2 If El Caminos and Wagons are Chevelles, Excluding the hood what sheetmetal from a 1970 El Camino or Wagon will bolt up to a 1970- Z-15 or Z-25 Two door ?
# 3 1970 El Caminos & Wagons (Chevelles ?) Will the frames interchange?
Caminos & Wagons--116" W.B.
Z-15 & 25s---------112" W.B.
# 4 All 1970 Z-15 & Z-25s had F-41 Suspension - Not Correct !! All Z-15 and Z-25 El Caminos had STANDARD Malibu front (malibu sway bar)
Rear "NO BOXED" rear arms and "NO SWAY BAR". In 1970---F-41 was not an option on ANY El Camino. I have to say there is a difference between a1970 Z-15---Z-25 2 dr. and a Z-15---Z-25 El Camino. Look at the bright side The SS 454 El Caminos had the same wheels as an SS Chevelle. So gosh-darnet they must be from the same litter!!! HELP ME!!! Do I have an El Camino and a Station Wagon in my garage or TWO Chevelles?
I am lost in the ozone-------Bob
post #35 of 94 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 07, 8:34 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEJ1990TM View Post
Have to comment on your own car?
Took me a minute to figure out what you meant. The guy who posted the pic of my car and commented on it runs the website...I just sent him the pic. His car looks like mine, but is a big block SD.

His car is here:

http://xsorbit29.com/users5/jaspra/i...hp?topic=394.0

1967 Beaumont
350, roller cam, aluminum heads, etc.
2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Quad cab Z71
post #36 of 94 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 07, 10:21 PM
Senior Tech Team
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinls5 View Post
To continue this silly thread. Someone said "El Caminos and Wagons are Chevelles". If this is true, I have two questions # 1 Why do 1970 El Caminos and Wagons have an EMBLEM in the grill that says "CHEVROLET" and a 1970 2Dr. Hdt. With a Z-15--Z-25 Pkg. has a "CHEVELLE" emblem in the grill?
# 2 If El Caminos and Wagons are Chevelles, Excluding the hood what sheetmetal from a 1970 El Camino or Wagon will bolt up to a 1970- Z-15 or Z-25 Two door ?
# 3 1970 El Caminos & Wagons (Chevelles ?) Will the frames interchange?
Caminos & Wagons--116" W.B.
Z-15 & 25s---------112" W.B.
# 4 All 1970 Z-15 & Z-25s had F-41 Suspension - Not Correct !! All Z-15 and Z-25 El Caminos had STANDARD Malibu front (malibu sway bar)
Rear "NO BOXED" rear arms and "NO SWAY BAR". In 1970---F-41 was not an option on ANY El Camino. I have to say there is a difference between a1970 Z-15---Z-25 2 dr. and a Z-15---Z-25 El Camino. Look at the bright side The SS 454 El Caminos had the same wheels as an SS Chevelle. So gosh-darnet they must be from the same litter!!! HELP ME!!! Do I have an El Camino and a Station Wagon in my garage or TWO Chevelles?
I am lost in the ozone-------Bob
wow.. you really know your trivial trivia. want a medal or something?

setting aside all the little details like the different badges GM put on the cars, an El Camino is a Chevelle with pickup bed instead of a back seat and trunk. the front clip bolts onto a Chevelle, but body lines don't line up. a Chevelle Wagon is a Chevelle 4 door with a topper permanently attached- and i believe they had the same front clip as an El Camino.
a Monte Carlo is a Chevelle with a longer hood and a stretched wheelbase between the doors and front wheels, along with different body lines and a little more luxurious spring rates and a plusher interior upholstery. all the mechanical parts that are in a Chevelle bolt directly into a Monte- suspension parts, engine and transmission parts, rear axle, driveshaft, exhaust, door panels, dash, seats- everything will come right out of a Chevelle and bolt directly into a Monte or from a Monte into a Chevelle. i believe they even had all the same drivetrain options- well, i've never seen a monte with an inline 6, but i think even the mighty LS6 was an option that no one ordered.
they are slightly different versions of the same car.
and a Monte was always a G body from 70-88 along with it's Pontiac cousin that was called "Grand Prix", which came out as a midsize luxury sedan in 1968.

"Detroit hasn't felt any real pride since George Bush went to Japan and vomited on their auto executives, I tell you whut"

-Hank Hill
post #37 of 94 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 07, 12:16 AM
Senior Tech Team
Enrique

Send a message via AIM to Slowpoke70 Send a message via Yahoo to Slowpoke70

I didn't mean to say that El Caminos and Wagons are Chevelles, I meant to say they're not necessarily Malibus. And that IF they were Malibus, then they were Chevelles because the Malibu name was simply an option on a Chevelle platform. Either way, I've seen Chevrolet brochures and said "Chevelle" on the front and on the inside the El Camino and the Wagons were included. If they're not essentially Chevelles, why are they included in there?

Wast it 64 or 65 that the El Camino actually had a CHEVELLE emblem on the front fenders?

1970 Malibu
355/TH350/3.36
Isky z25/Sportsman2/300-36/Summit Headers
post #38 of 94 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 07, 2:01 AM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member
Dale

The 64 El Camino has a CHEVELLE script plate on the front fender. The 66 and 67 Custom El Camino (135/13680) has Malibu script above the glove box. The base El Caminos would naturally not have Malibu scripts or emblems simply because they were based on the 300 Deluxe series (133/13480).

The signal to noise ratio has degraded a bit though on the original topic. There are probably as many similarities between the Chevrolet Chevelle 13000 series and the 13000 series Monte Carlo as there are between the Chevrolet Chevelle and Pontiac Beaumont and I love them both. Just wondered what people thought of the Beaumont being generally accepted as a cousin to the Chevelle while the Monte Carlo isn't.

TC Gold #92 ~ August 1998

* Build Sheet Data Collection
* Author:

post #39 of 94 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 07, 2:34 AM
Senior Tech Team
Derrick

maybe it's because the Monte is seen as that uppity brother that thinks he's better than everyone else and no one likes? you know- the one that goes to college and becomes a highly paid lawyer while the rest of the family stays in their small hometown and works at the Ford dealership as oil and tire changers.
when, in reality, he just wants to be loved and respected for actually doing something with his life..
or it's that first thing i said at the beginning..

"Detroit hasn't felt any real pride since George Bush went to Japan and vomited on their auto executives, I tell you whut"

-Hank Hill
post #40 of 94 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 07, 10:37 AM
Senior Tech Team

I think its pretty straight forward why beaumonts are accepted in a chevelle site or car show class, same sheet metal, frame, same driveline etc... other than the dash you can basically use a few tools to change one into the other... a monte is quite distinct...

Beaumonts were around when a chevelle was just a twinkle in GM's eyes... it started as the top option Acadian in '62-'63 on the Chevy II platform... in '64 it switched to the Chevelle platform to 1969 when it ceased production...

so just to stir it up a bit... a beaumont is not a 'canadian chevelle', a chevelle is a mass produced beaumont!hahaha!!

...it is fun taking a beaumont to a show in minneapolis or somewhere, and they ask if i want to be in the chevelle class or the gto class... I even had someone tell his kid it must be "some kind of a dodge product"

ak
post #41 of 94 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 08, 8:16 AM
LS7
Lifetime Premium Member
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreis454 View Post
Monte's are G bodies not A, but they are similar
It was my understanding that the Monte Carlo was an A body up until '77, then classified as a G body from '78 forward.
post #42 of 94 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 08, 11:56 AM
Tech Team
robert

Send a message via AIM to monte7ocar Send a message via Yahoo to monte7ocar

i see atleast one member from the fgmcc has posted to this question. the monte chevelle and el camino are in the same part catolog. the problem with the monte's is not to many people like them. as for the length of a monte it uses the same frame as a chevelle but it has 6" add into it in front of the firewall. just about all the Suspension on a chevelle can be found on a monte. but instead of the monte getting the f-41 Suspension the ss models got air ride for the rear. chevelles and montes were built in the same plants. the glass on the monte is the same as the chevelle until you get to the quarter glass. most of the interior is the same until you get to the seat patten. there is no proof a monte came out with a inline 6 or proof of the ls6 in one but we do have the ls5.
as for the hood being 6' long they still can hang in there with the chevelles and el caminos. and the monte are call a-bodies, until the front wheel drive cars came out. most of the g-bodies are in the late 70's until 80's. also some of the 80 el camino fall under the g-body line if im not mistake

1970 el camino

post #43 of 94 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 08, 12:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
DeWayne

59-60 El Caminos were based on Impalas not chevelles.

Acworth, GA
Peach State Chevelles
Aces Member # 08262

post #44 of 94 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 08, 1:52 PM
Dave

the best chevelle i ever owned was the 72 my uncle gave me. then i had to sell it and bought my 72 monte and never looked back. best choice i ever made. now i have 3 first generation monte carlos and dont regret any of them. now that is my .02

dave
post #45 of 94 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 08, 3:15 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

IMO, Monte's are part of the Chevelle "family" (like Beaumonts and Sprints)...

I think there are two big reasons why Montes aren't generally accepted...

#1, Despite all the interchangible pieces (with Chevelles), they LOOK completely different. The Beaumonts are different, but due to the sheetmetal, they still look like a Chevelle...

#2 Monte's (in general) tend to be more popular with a diffeent car culture than most Chevelles. There is an overlap, but most Montes seem to go toward the "low rider" culture, whereas most Chevelles seem to go "muscle car"...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 3072 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.