Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Learn more about the Tremec TKO 5 speed kit for 1964-1972 Chevelle
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 14, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
SilverOverdrives
Vendor

Re: Learn more about the Tremec TKO 5 speed kit for 1964-1972 Chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux View Post
"no reports of cutting on 68-72 models"

This is often stated by several companies but I have yet to see that happen. Do you have any install pics where someone did an install and made no cuts? I dont mean to offend at all but many companies have made that claim yet all seem to include a template to make the cuts and patch the trans tunnel. I recall that "other" company making similar claims with their perfect fit kits but never was able to track anyone down that made the swap without having to cut.

I am used to seeing the info on all the OD provider sites and in posts on this board and the pro-touring boards

"You dont have to cut! Our Kits are engineered to clear everything and remove all the guesswork! But just in case in your kit there is a template for cutting your trans tunnel."
I'm not offended at all and I agree with your statements.

I do not have pics but perhaps some members could oblige. I've been selling these kits for 7 years and it has happened but only on 68-72 models. Body mount condition plays a big part in this.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying you won't have to. I'm saying our case modifications will reduce or possibly eliminate cutting on these models. Please compare the photos.

These cars are old and each one will have it's own personality.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mid Plate Close.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	193338  

Silver Sport Transmissions
2250 Stock Creek Blvd.
Rockford, TN 37853
844-609-8187

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Authorized TREMEC Elite Distributor

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome