UMI New Release: Stage 1 Handling Kit with Factory Height Springs - Chevelle Tech
Sponsors Sales & Specials

2Likes
  • 1 Post By UMI Performance
  • 1 Post By UMI Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 16, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Ryan

Thumbs up UMI New Release: Stage 1 Handling Kit with Factory Height Springs

Stage 1 Handling Kit with Factory Height Springs for the 1964-1972 GM A-Body
P/N ABF401-0, ABF401-67-0, ABF801-0
Priced at $1,045.99/kit

Looking for performance handling but like the old school factory look? The UMI Stage 1 kit now featuring factory height is designed to offer both! The Stage 1 is perfect for the A-Body owner who wants a simple and effective suspension upgrade with real handling improvement all while maintaining the factory muscle car look. This kit includes our trusted front sway bar and rear sway bar combined with performance designed coil springs and UMI monotube shocks. The sway bars reduce body roll and provide a nice balance when handling at the limit. UMIís 530 lb/in front springs and 130 lb/in linear springs are precision wound from premium CrSi wire and feature medium stiffness to control body movement and reduce floating found with factory springs while still providing a comfortable ride. The UMI monotube shocks feature a large diameter piston and nitrogen charge to dampen bumps and provide a crisp feel without being harsh. The shock is configured with heavy-duty mounts to ensure durability and fits in the stock location. Choose UMIís Stage 1 as an excellent step to transforming your A-Body into a capable daily driver or corner carver. Every component in this kit, as with all UMI products, is Made In USA.

1964-1966
1968-1972

Ryan |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
l

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 16, 11:00 AM
Senior Tech Team
Rob

Re: UMI New Release: Stage 1 Handling Kit with Factory Height Springs

Of course you realize that the rear springs for the 64-66 should feature an open coil at the top. I just can't stand when pictures of the year specific parts do not match what the parts really should be.

65 Chevelle 2Dr. Post,Global West stage 3, Small Block, Small Journal 337cid. Howards roller cam .570/.570" lift 227/233 duration @ .050 LS112, Speed Pro forged pistons 10 to 1, Trick Flow 195,23 degree heads, Holly 750 Ultra, Edelbrock Performer RPM air gap.

My build thread>
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 16, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65chevelle300post View Post
Of course you realize that the rear springs for the 64-66 should feature an open coil at the top. I just can't stand when pictures of the year specific parts do not match what the parts really should be.
Hello, yes we do. We list three part #'s 1964-1966, 1967 and 1968-1972. We have all the springs correct. But yes, we use one picture for all kits.

Ryan |

l

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 16, 12:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rob

Can I purchase the springs and shocks ONLY ? In the fall I installed a diff set of sway bars, hence the query/

Do these shocks fit through the hole in the OEM front control arms?

A PM with pricing would be great if you have time.

Thanks,
Robert

ROB

69 El Camino

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 16, 12:17 PM
Gold Founding Member
Thomas

Garage

How about this kit for the 66 Chevelle wagon?

Carolina Chevelle Association
TC # 688
ACES 2759
PeachState Chevelles

66 malibu wagon, 327, AC, pw.
67 chevelle 300 deluxe post, LT1-4L60E, 3:36-10 bolt posi,AC,tilt,pw,pl, Autometer gauges,custom dash
67 300 Deluxe, factory AC, project

"I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary,
too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious."
--Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Ludlow, 1824
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 16, 9:09 AM Thread Starter
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpp View Post
Can I purchase the springs and shocks ONLY ? In the fall I installed a diff set of sway bars, hence the query/

Do these shocks fit through the hole in the OEM front control arms?

A PM with pricing would be great if you have time.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert- Yes we have just springs and shocks seen here- 1968-1972 GM A-Body UMI Shock/Spring Kit, Factory Height [SS103049] - $739.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

The shocks however will not fit up through the a-arms, since you are installin springs as well you can install the shock first. Also if you wait about 30-45 more days we will have our newer shocks complete that will now use a thinner body and fit through the a-arm hole. We could also replace the UMI shocks with Ridetech RQ shocks for $50.00 more. Please let me know if I can help with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcamino66 View Post
How about this kit for the 66 Chevelle wagon?
The kits will also fit a wagon. The first kit in the link is 64-66 and fits the wagon as well. Here is the link if you didn't see it- 1964-1966 GM A-Body Handling Package, Factory Height- Stage 1 [ABF401-0] - $1,045.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

Ryan |

l

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 16, 4:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rob

[QUOTE=UMI Performance;8497930]Robert- Yes we have just springs and shocks seen here- 1968-1972 GM A-Body UMI Shock/Spring Kit, Factory Height [SS103049] - $739.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

The shocks however will not fit up through the a-arms, since you are installin springs as well you can install the shock first. Also if you wait about 30-45 more days we will have our newer shocks complete that will now use a thinner body and fit through the a-arm hole. We could also replace the UMI shocks with Ridetech RQ shocks for $50.00 more. Please let me know if I can help with this.

Yes I would like to wait and get the UMI shocks that fit through the hole

I will look for your announcement when they are ready.

Thanks

ROB

69 El Camino

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 16, 2:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMI Performance View Post
Robert- Yes we have just springs and shocks seen here- 1968-1972 GM A-Body UMI Shock/Spring Kit, Factory Height [SS103049] - $739.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

The kits will also fit a wagon. The first kit in the link is 64-66 and fits the wagon as well. Here is the link if you didn't see it- 1964-1966 GM A-Body Handling Package, Factory Height- Stage 1 [ABF401-0] - $1,045.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

have you guys realeased these shocks YET?

Thanks

ROB

69 El Camino

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 16, 2:26 PM Thread Starter
Ryan

Quote:
have you guys realeased these shocks YET?

Thanks
Hi Rob,

I have a set literally in my hands right now and they look awesome, slim body with a stealth textured flat black finish. We are waiting for our stickers to come in to post any pictures of them. I am also waiting on a final release date, it is extremely close. Thanks for the patience, we will deliver... I promise!
70CHEVELLE396 likes this.

Ryan |

l

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 16, 10:10 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMI Performance View Post
Hi Rob,

I have a set literally in my hands right now and they look awesome, slim body with a stealth textured flat black finish. We are waiting for our stickers to come in to post any pictures of them. I am also waiting on a final release date, it is extremely close. Thanks for the patience, we will deliver... I promise!
Saw the prototypes at the Ground Up open house. Look awesome, and Craig gave me the scoop on them.

70 Chevelle, Vortecpro 496, TH400, Moser 12 bolt, custom Tom's Eaton posi, 3.73, UMI/Viking front suspension, PMT rear. Sniper efi, RobbMc PowerSurge.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 16, 11:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rob

Sounds great.

I'm ready for shocks and springs.......just tell me when

Maybe you need el Camino tester

ROB

69 El Camino

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 16, 12:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rob

tax time.........we NEED these

ROB

69 El Camino

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 16, 2:21 PM Thread Starter
Ryan

Quote:
tax time.........we NEED these
They are updated on the site and ready to ship.
robpp likes this.

Ryan |

l

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 16, 10:50 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rob

Thanks Ryan

I placed my order.

AND THEY SHIPPED TODAY WOOT

ROB

69 El Camino

Last edited by robpp; Apr 14th, 16 at 5:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1502 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.