Original 70' ss cowl induction hood value? - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 17, 6:57 PM
Team Member
carlo

Garage
Re: Original 70' ss cowl induction hood value?

i can remember reading post like this & thinking people are mean(with all the negative comments) . but come on, what about a pic ? how can you ask what's it worth without a picture of the hood ? i got four mag wheels, what are they worth ? oh, you want to know what they look like, no $hit. sorry now i get it when people are sarcastic. OK, I've calm down now, can you please post a picture. I'm sure these guy's on this site will know what it's worth. it's Friday have a great weekend everyone .
hmardown

empty garage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 17, 8:23 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Are they factory mag wheels or aftermarket? I didn't know there were multiple style cowl induction hoods lol
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 17, 11:06 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Doug

Outer door is vacuum controlled,inner door has a solenoid controlled by a electrical switch at the gas pedal.

70 SS 454 LS-5 M-22 Bornwith Drivetrain-Sold New Baldwin Chevrolet
72 SS 454 El Camino W Code-427 4spd.
60',1.46, [email protected] [email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elky at Cecil

Chevelle Resto Pics

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 17, 7:25 AM
Team Member
carlo

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman27 View Post
Are they factory mag wheels or aftermarket? I didn't know there were multiple style cowl induction hoods lol

hmardown

empty garage

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 17, 2:40 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Found one that was advertised here in my state, late style in primer, same condition as mine for $1,999 it either sold or was taken down. Far beyond the 20% over aftermarket that was mentioned earlier
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 17, 3:34 PM
Senior Tech Team
Anakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman27 View Post
Found one that was advertised here in my state, late style in primer, same condition as mine for $1,999 it either sold or was taken down. Far beyond the 20% over aftermarket that was mentioned earlier
The early style definitely command a larger premium because they are a lot harder to find, and weren't made in as large a quantity.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 17, 1:03 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I'm looking at selling this hood, I really wish I could post pictures to get your opinions, definitely early style CI hood
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 17, 2:52 PM
Senior Tech Team

For the ammount of money you are going to get selling and going aftermarket your body man will eat up getting it to fit right.

Keep the oem and save for the rest. Btw you can not look at asking prices for comparison you need to know what it actually sold for.

Tighten it till it strips and back it off a quarter turn.

70 (SOLD)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 794 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.