1968 SS 4 spd - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 16, 10:03 AM

Re: 1968 SS 4 spd

They are hard to find. I paid 250 for mine missing one lock and set of seat tracks. I got mine from a junkyard for old cars. Impala seats are the same except the seat track. Hence the one missing track on mine. Call these guys they can track one down if they don't have it.

Sundell Auto Specialties
1105 Mooresboro Rd.
Shelby, NC 28150
Phone: (704)434-6759
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 16, 11:06 AM
Team Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxman View Post
OK, here is the latest information. The paint code is R-2 which I'm told means red with a black vinyl top. Two questions, if I don't install a new black vinyl top as it currently does not have one and I'm not a fan will that have a negative effect on the value of the car once complete and what color should the SS stripe be? Thanks again.
I like vinyl tops, but a lot of people don't. If you don't like it, don't put it on, in my humble opinion.

It's YOUR car!

Dan
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 16, 1:28 PM
Senior Tech Team
Scott

Quote:
I'm having a heck of a time finding bucket seats for my 68 Chevelle in almost any condition. Can anyone here help me?
Where are you located?

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 16, 1:42 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Quote:
I'm having a heck of a time finding bucket seats for my 68 Chevelle in almost any condition. Can anyone here help me?
There is an ad in the classifieds here from a seller that has/had two sets of 68 seats. The ad is from last September but I would contact that person. You could also place a wanted ad in the classifieds for 68 buckets.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 16, 6:00 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Dennis

I'm in Tampa Bay Fl. and the car is with my son in Crestview Fl. near Pensacola.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 16, 8:14 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Dennis

OK, it looks like my SS is an A/C car so do I need to install one or does that make a difference in the value?
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 16, 11:19 PM
Senior Tech Team
Scott

Quote:
OK, it looks like my SS is an A/C car so do I need to install one or does that make a difference in the value?
Can you post some pics of what you have under the hood and under/in the dash? That will tell us a lot about what you need....this is really a loaded question. You could need a compressor only, or entire firewall suitcase and everything for AC......
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 16, 2:09 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Dennis

I just talked to a local A/C guy and he tells me the car already has a condenser on the passengers side of the fire wall and that I is an original A/C car. Is it worth while to add the remaining pieces to make it work again or just leave it as is? The car also has a 4-speed and 12 bolt rear end. What tells me if they are both original to the car? Thanks again for all the help.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 16, 3:05 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
I just talked to a local A/C guy and he tells me the car already has a condenser on the passengers side of the fire wall and that I is an original A/C car. Is it worth while to add the remaining pieces to make it work again or just leave it as is? The car also has a 4-speed and 12 bolt rear end. What tells me if they are both original to the car? Thanks again for all the help.
Having functional A/C will add value. Is it worth the expense will be determined by several factors. How much will it cost you to track down the parts you are missing, the quality of the car when finished, and the price range you will be shooting for when you sell.

As for determining if components are original to the car, that information can be found by searching tag team and what it's worth sections.

Steve R

Last edited by Steve R; Jul 1st, 16 at 3:06 PM. Reason: Zzzzzz
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 16, 3:14 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Quote:
The car also has a 4-speed and 12 bolt rear end. What tells me if they are both original to the car? Thanks again for all the help.
The trans will have two sets of numbers stamped vertically on the passenger side. One will start with a P and the other should start with a 1 and then a letter. Right those down and then go to Chevellestuff.net and go to the Muncie decode section. Basically a partial vin (that would match your vin) should be part of the set of numbers that should start with 1.
Then on the front of passenger axle tube and back side of the differential there should be codes. Those can be like wise be deciphered at Chevellestuff.net.
Or go to Chevellestuff.net first to see examples of what you are looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1240 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.