Ls6 - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 16, 11:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
steve

Re: Ls6

That block stamp is comical. So much wrong for that kind of money.

1970 Chevelle LS6
1970 Malibu convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 16, 11:47 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Randy

Garage

There's more things wrong on that car than there are correct. What's with the rear window defogger? The switch is even on the wrong side of the radio. My original has a whole different style blower motor and grill than that one.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 16, 11:55 PM
Senior Tech Team

Garage

Not including block stamp, for the money asked there is a ton of stuff missing or incorrect under the hood.

post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 16, 9:37 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocket1953 View Post
There's more things wrong on that car than there are correct. What's with the rear window defogger? The switch is even on the wrong side of the radio. My original has a whole different style blower motor and grill than that one.
There are two types of defoggers.

This one covers the window better imo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New oil is cheaper than new parts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 16, 2:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dana

I am far from what I would term an expert on 70's but there are so many things incorrect on that car that I can pick out, any buyer that pays that amount is getting raped. Wow...Buyer beware! It is a nice car, just not what I would call a $100k+ car!

Dana

post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 16, 10:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Eugene

Interesting reading if you go to the bottom of the page on his Ebay ad and look at the Question and answer part. Another guy that doesn't see a problem with restamping an engine.
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 16, 12:03 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkerman View Post
Interesting reading if you go to the bottom of the page on his Ebay ad and look at the Question and answer part. Another guy that doesn't see a problem with restamping an engine.
Must be staged responses, or fake 427 tri power Corvette guys that accept re-stamps IMHO. All about greed.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 16, 10:45 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rick

"To me the date codes are just as important if not more important because they cant be faked, as the are cast into the block." Then I guess you have never seen someone use a certain over the counter product to re-create bogus casting dates. I will not disclose it as it will only give people more ways to fake these cars.

"I NEVER said ANYWHERE in the text of the write-up that "THIS IS THE MOTOR THAT CAME FROM THE FACTORY WITH THIS CAR." No offense but that is exactly what you said.
"The engine IS the matching numbered 454 with 450 horsepower that came with the car from the factory."

Musclecar Restoration and Design
Pleasant Plains, IL
217-626-(CARS)

Specializing in the LS6 Chevelle and Hi po Chevrolets

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 16, 11:13 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Joseph

Garage

You Gotta Love It. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Nelson View Post
"To me the date codes are just as important if not more important because they cant be faked, as the are cast into the block." Then I guess you have never seen someone use a certain over the counter product to re-create bogus casting dates. I will not disclose it as it will only give people more ways to fake these cars.

"I NEVER said ANYWHERE in the text of the write-up that "THIS IS THE MOTOR THAT CAME FROM THE FACTORY WITH THIS CAR." No offense but that is exactly what you said.
"The engine IS the matching numbered 454 with 450 horsepower that came with the car from the factory."

Joseph
TC# 5427
ACES# 7460

1972 Chevelle SS 454 LS5 "W" Code Convertible
Sequoia Green White Top and Interior

1970 Chevelle SS 396 "L78" 4 Speed Coupe
Black with Black Bucket Interior

1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6 Coupe
Forrest Green with Green Bucket Interior

post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 16, 11:19 AM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
The engine is the matching numbered 454 with 450 horsepower that came with the car from the factory.
Maybe the word "the" should have been "a"
The numbers do match NOW

Beautiful Chevelle!

post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 16, 11:22 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972convss454 View Post
You Gotta Love It. lol
Snake oil salesman, or, in contemporary parlance, douchebag. I wouldn't buy that car if I had garage space and all the money in the world. Ain't it funny how some people double down when they're so clearly in the wrong? I can't believe he actually believes "matching numbers" means you simply take a block out of a scrapyard and hammer in the same numbers written on the build sheet.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 16, 2:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I think Frank will be keeping his $139,900 "matching numbers" LS6 for a long time...

post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 16, 3:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Eugene

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 4 speed View Post
I think Frank will be keeping his $139,900 "matching numbers" LS6 for a long time...

Is he a friend of yours?
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 16, 5:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkerman View Post
Is he a friend of yours?
Absolutely not. His name is in the ad copy

post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 16, 6:20 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jim

You've heard of shill bidders, now I think we have shill question askers. That last guy, come on, we're not talking a $20K car here.

72 Chevelle SS conv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1329 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.