1970 Chevelle SS Phantom Blue 4 speed whats it worth - Chevelle Tech
What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 13, 9:59 PM Thread Starter
Kerley

1970 Chevelle SS Phantom Blue 4 speed whats it worth

I bought a 1970 Chevelle SS phantom Blue Car that is a 4 speed and is a Project
Its in good shape and is very well 1970 Chevelle SS 396

CTX engine with 290 heads- 854 block-287 intake within 60 days of when this car was built
1970 Muncie m-20 trans with 12 bolt posi 3.31 gears are original

Its a real Fathom Blue L34 SS 4 speed with the original bill of sale and partial build sheet and CAN PROVE IT

This car was purchased at Joslin Chevrolet in Traverse City Michigan on Feb,27 1970 for $3393.13 plus tax by Harland C. Smith. He traded in a 66 Nova that he got $700 for. I have the security agreement as well as the bill of sale and the life insurance policy he added. Options listed on the bill of sale are -tinted glass-posit axel-4 spd trans-ps -p/b radio-rear seat speaker =cowl hood and SS 396 Equip.

The car overall is in good shape by this I mean the floors, rockers, cowl trunk are very very solid. The doors open and shut very very well. There are some rust issues and they are as follows. Lower corners of both fenders. The structure is still intact and are very repairable. Dent to the front of the hood very repairable. The following needs replaced-- both quarters about 6 inches up full of mud and outer as well as trunk drop offs. (these were included in the sale!) Front bumper filler panel.

Engine is a 1970 396/350 HP out of a 70 Chevelle SS CTX code. Engine was running well when purchased. Missing is the carb, air cleaner, Also included is a complete Flowmaster exhaust from a 70 Chevelle SS. It sounded very good. Trans is a 1970 M-20 out of a 1970 Chevelle Works well with newer clutch flywheels and correct bell housing. The reverse lock out is still on the car! Rear is a posi with 3.31 gears-boxed lower arms and sway bar not installed but included.

The sequence number on the build sheet matches the sequence number on the trim tag -proving again this is a real SUPER SPORT!

So what do you think it is worth in case I dont end up restoring car
kerley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 13, 10:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
John

Re: 1970 Chevelle SS Phantom Blue 4 speed whats it worth

Here is a very simple answer.................What is the least money you would take for the car...........Right Now Cash.

Do you think someone would buy your car without looking at ? Not Likely. So why do you think anyone with a reputable ability would appraise it sight unseen.

Not a real warm welcome on your first post but dammit ya'll, you is looking at it and we aint. Kinda like like a 300# girl on a phone sex line drawing $200 hour.

John

I may be old but I have seen all the great bands.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 13, 11:34 PM
Tech Team
Ken

Sounds like John got a picture.
I have nothing for you, as I buy a car, never sell it. As far as numbers car, build sheet does not matter, anybody then when they were new, modified them, first thing, I did too. I have the same car, color, M21, did not have original engine and was in great shape. Probably paid more than you would ever get for that one, but it was and is the car I wanted. The money you put in them, you never get out of them. More of an adoption to me. Now Family.
Better post to follow.
But some pictures would bring more people.
Same to you John, a picture?
Sounds like a great car and project, glad to have you on board, I only responded because John sounded like he needed some TC.
Sorry, Good Luck on the project.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 13, 12:20 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunz-T View Post
Here is a very simple answer.................What is the least money you would take for the car...........Right Now Cash.

Do you think someone would buy your car without looking at ? Not Likely. So why do you think anyone with a reputable ability would appraise it sight unseen.

Not a real warm welcome on your first post but dammit ya'll, you is looking at it and we aint. Kinda like like a 300# girl on a phone sex line drawing $200 hour.

Hilarious !!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 13, 9:33 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

This car was just on eBay with a buy it now price of $10K isn't it?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 13, 10:45 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

shouldn't that say "Fathom blue" Chevelle ?

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 13, 1:57 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jim

Same car forgot to mention the big hole in the frame as seen in the ebay add pictures, looks like a set of ladder bars ripped a section right out of it..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...c8b2750c#v4-39
I really like the 70 SS dirt track car in the backround , something you just don't see anymore being run.

Owner of Super Sport Sales and Service ,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Over 30 years of restoring Chevelle's for customer's Coast to Coast. Adward winning service since 1980! Frame off's to interiors,engine compartments,trunks and more ,Details make the difference! Expert LS6 L78 L34 Prepurchase Evaluation and Muscle Car locating service 302-420-4743
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 13, 2:06 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Andy

Frame is shot, wrong engine, on a website full of Chevelle enthusiasts. I'm at $7k, tops. Not a rare car. Good color combo, right amount of pedals. But again, it's beat.

Couple of junkers and a few clunkers.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 13, 3:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bad Brad

Location: NSB Or Daytona Beach Shark Bite Capitol of the World

The TC detectives, LOL
John you really should stop hooking up with those 300# phone sex girls, LMAO

I started with Nothing and still have All of Nothing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TC # 2747 ACES # 7166
2009 AACA 1st Place National Junior Award
2009 AACA National Senior Award
ACES Chevellabration Top 3
2010 AACA First Place Grand National Award

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 13, 4:19 PM
Tech Team
Ken

# 300 picture, car does have history, and a lot of bad history.
Just because it is documented, I agree. it is a $2000 car plus whoever thinks the documents are worth.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 13, 2:13 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badss396 View Post
The TC detectives, LOL
John you really should stop hooking up with those 300# phone sex girls, LMAO
She told me she looked like Raquel Welch.

John

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 13, 8:21 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BlueSS454

After looking at the eBay ad, My opinion is it is way overpriced. A running, driving numbers matching one same color combo was bought not that long ago for by a guy I know for $17K. To be blunt, that car is a turd and needs a full frame off restoration, there is nothing special about an entry level 70 SS L34 car that makes it worth 10K in that condition.

Tom Rightler, MCC VP & Newsletter Editor

Best ET: [email protected] MPH

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 13, 8:56 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
John

If the OP is the new owner he must know that. Like so many one and done.

John

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 13, 6:55 PM Thread Starter
Kerley

thanks for feedback

Last edited by kerls1970ss; Sep 1st, 13 at 6:59 PM. Reason: wrong thing
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 13, 6:58 PM Thread Starter
Kerley

Well I thank you for the feedback
Tough group on here as I would have expected.
To each their own.
Car is in alot better shape that what pics showed on EBAY.
I cannot figure out how to post pics on here or I would have.
I got the car at a real good deal and the gentleman brought it round trip 18 hrs for 400 dollars god Bless that.
I have an original LS5 that is 998 out of 1000.
I bought car to restore for my son.
I have been in US Marines for last 17 years and have missed out on alot of his life being deployed.
My dad did the same with me as a kid and it kept me out of trouble while teaching me the value of a dollar.
The gentleman was very nice guy and threw in alot of original stuff that he was gonna use I suspect on another car.
I did pay a little south of 10 for car
Unlike some people I like things that have the original history and documentation to prove their life.
Car is very clean except for about 6 inches in rear quarters but that is most cars period in Midwest if not worse.
Frame not real bad and I have another that is stripped and powder coated already and I dont think it was from a ladder bar because there is zero damage to original underside of car. it looks like the guy did a crappy job cutting out a hole to get to one of the body bushing I found piece cut out and it's not bent at all just an ugly hack job.
I do agree a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2170 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.