https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Chevro...EAAOSwoUpfBIvZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 8:27 AM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage
Re: 67 L79 with Doc's

Real nice car. Figure he wants around $50k.

71 Malibu, Cottonwood Green, 396 BBC, AutoGear M22W 4 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi.
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 9:53 AM
Senior Tech Team
Greg.

Garage

Missing the Spacer Bracket/Panel between Rad and the Rad Support Panel

That is why there is such a Long Fan Spacer used

67 Chevelle Malibu SS Cdn
Born 283 / PG / A51
468/TH400 2,500 stall/ S60 3.70 Gs
Prev Best on M/T ET S/S #3454 street Tires/Dress 2018/05/20
60' = 1.664
1/8 = 7.532 et / 91 mph
1/4 = 11.814 et / 115 mph
NEW Best with 3,500+ Stall TC 2019/09/08
60' = 1.547
1/8 = 7.311 et / 91.76 mph
1/4 = 11.595 et / 114.28 mph

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 9:54 AM
Senior Tech Team
Tim

When I see someone say "numbers correct" I would want to see the vin stamped on the block.

post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 10:13 AM
Senior Tech Team
Dennis

Garage

Is is weird that with 9 bids it doesn’t state “reserve not met” ?

66 Chevelle hardtop - LFX 3.6 liter 4 Cam V6/6L50 6 speed auto trans, 3.07 10 bolt, full Hotchkis suspension, Wilwood 4 wheel discs, white with red interior, cowl hood.
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 10:56 AM
Senior Tech Team
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_LS1 View Post
Is is weird that with 9 bids it doesn’t state “reserve not met” ?
Its because he has it listed in a no reserve auction. Looks like he's new to Ebay and maybe doesnt realize it.???
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 11:00 AM
Team Member
Bill

Garage

What does this mean? I take it the car was originally a number matching car but is now just correct.. If and when I sell my L79 it will be advertised as "ALL MATCHING" numbers car and correct will not be part of the description.

All matching born with numbers correct car..L79 327/325 HP
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk's67SS View Post

The spacer you are referring to is used on radiators with finger guard to move the radiator closer to the fan.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 11:34 AM
Team Member
Bill

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryAT View Post
Its because he has it listed in a no reserve auction. Looks like he's new to Ebay and maybe doesnt realize it.???
Terry I think this guy is very careful with his wording and knows he can bring it down at anytime claiming that he forgot to list a reserve. I have seen many games played on Ebay. I once put a car up for sale and 10 minutes before the auction ended a guy placed a much higher bid and then just a few minutes away he pulled his bid saying it was a typo mistake. Well I immediately blocked him and he begged me to allow him back to bidding. He did this to roll back my highest bid by thousands of dollars. Well I got my money from a legitimate buyer and he never had a chance to steal my car.
floyd66 likes this.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 11:45 AM
Senior Tech Team
Greg.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobm67 View Post
The spacer you are referring to is used on radiators with finger guard to move the radiator closer to the fan.

Did not all 67 SBC with V8s came with the Support Panel Spacer to move the Rad closer to the Engine
and the Mech Fan so that a Long Fan Spacer was not needed

At lest that is how my 67 was when it had a 283/327 SBC when I bought it

So are you saying that because it has the Metal Shroud it would not get the Support Panel Spacer
to move the Rad closer to the Engine
but it would get the Longer Fan Spacer to move the Mech Fan closer to the Rad Core ?

67 Chevelle Malibu SS Cdn
Born 283 / PG / A51
468/TH400 2,500 stall/ S60 3.70 Gs
Prev Best on M/T ET S/S #3454 street Tires/Dress 2018/05/20
60' = 1.664
1/8 = 7.532 et / 91 mph
1/4 = 11.814 et / 115 mph
NEW Best with 3,500+ Stall TC 2019/09/08
60' = 1.547
1/8 = 7.311 et / 91.76 mph
1/4 = 11.595 et / 114.28 mph

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 12:16 PM
Senior Tech Team
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdini View Post
Terry I think this guy is very careful with his wording and knows he can bring it down at anytime claiming that he forgot to list a reserve. I have seen many games played on Ebay. I once put a car up for sale and 10 minutes before the auction ended a guy placed a much higher bid and then just a few minutes away he pulled his bid saying it was a typo mistake. Well I immediately blocked him and he begged me to allow him back to bidding. He did this to roll back my highest bid by thousands of dollars. Well I got my money from a legitimate buyer and he never had a chance to steal my car.
What wording? But just as you say, he can pull it down saying whatever. That there is one of those games you mentioned people on Ebay do! If the bid is nowhere what they want to sell it at, they then pull it saying there was an error in the listing?? Funny, after 10 days on Ebay , they catch an "error" right at the end.. Ive followed many auctions where the bid was very low near the end. And when I check for it later in the "sold" auctions, I find it was pulled for their bs reasoning right at the end.
Now to your story, if you had a reserve that wasnt yet met, someone can throw in a very high bid, that at that point would make them the highest bidder at the reserve you set, not the any higher. But he still will be highest bidder until someone outbids his MAX amt entered. So if that guy then pulls his bid, like you said, he just wanted to see the reserve. And if he pulled his bid, your auction would automatically go back to the highest bid you had before. Not reduce it at all. How did you potentially lose thousands?
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 12:43 PM
Team Member
Bill

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryAT View Post
What wording? But just as you say, he can pull it down saying whatever. That there is one of those games you mentioned people on Ebay do! If the bid is nowhere what they want to sell it at, they then pull it saying there was an error in the listing?? Funny, after 10 days on Ebay , they catch an "error" right at the end.. Ive followed many auctions where the bid was very low near the end. And when I check for it later in the "sold" auctions, I find it was pulled for their bs reasoning right at the end.
Now to your story, if you had a reserve that wasnt yet met, someone can throw in a very high bid, that at that point would make them the highest bidder at the reserve you set, not the any higher. But he still will be highest bidder until someone outbids his MAX amt entered. So if that guy then pulls his bid, like you said, he just wanted to see the reserve. And if he pulled his bid, your auction would automatically go back to the highest bid you had before. Not reduce it at all. How did you potentially lose thousands?
Terry, these words are misleading "All matching born with numbers correct car..L79 327/325 HP". I believe this was a L79 but now its Correct. Big difference but I can't tell for sure and can be misleading.

Most real bidders get active in the last 5 minutes if they really want the car. In this case it was my 1970 Buick GS Stage 1 numbers matching convertible, a very desirable car. The minutes and amounts are just close estimates to my memory. The car had a solid value around 32k in 2008. The high bidder prior to this guy was like 24-25K. He came in at 33K that satisfied my reserve of 30k with his offer and effectively shut down any more bidding from others. A few minutes from the end he pulled his bid and my highest bidder fell back to 25k leaving him enough time to grab the car a lot cheaper. But I am a spiteful SOB and would rather not sell the car then allow a jerk like this guy to win and blocked him. The car sold for 32k but it would have gone higher but time just ran out. I know because I was contacted by others to buy it higher if the winning buyer fell out of the deal.
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 3:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill Wente

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobm67 View Post
Quote:
Did not all 67 SBC with V8s came with the Support Panel Spacer to move the Rad closer to the Engine

So are you saying that because it has the Metal Shroud it would not get the Support Panel Spacer
but it would get the Longer Fan Spacer to move the Mech Fan closer to the Rad Core ?
Bob is correct that that spacer was only used on non-fan shroud, finger guard radiators. That means only on 283s without either A/C or K-19 smog.
Note the correct fan depth in to the shroud. This spacer/fan/rad setup is correct for this car and any 327 car, although some used a plastic shroud instead of the steel.
ACES1 and davewho1 like this.

A few '67s and a '66
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 3:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill Wente

Is he intending to mislead??? I read this to mean totally "Born with" original mechanical components, a personal inspection or many pix is the only way to verify that. He Should have posted the block stamp.

This appears to be a very nice car with driver level detailing and A-A black is a winner every time. That said, one of my peeves is removing the Malibu side trim and installing SS rocker moldings. Seen it before and it still bugs me!!

Mid $40s??
ACES1, GSMCGSMC, augy and 1 others like this.

A few '67s and a '66
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 3:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
bob

Quote:

The 2 1/4 thick center fill radiator with finger guard got the support panel spacer. This was on 283.

The same radiator with no finger guard would have metal shroud and fan clutch. 283 and 327 with A/C and L79 motors with no A/C got this set up.

L79 with A/C got the thicker 2 5/8 with drivers side fill radiator and plastic shroud.

I posted this before reading Bill's answer. Sorry Bill.
Kirk's67SS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in